Apr 18, 2009, 10:38 AM
zoom zoom
are you getting good vertical out of it? whats the weight all up?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2009, 04:48 PM
Flying motor mount master
Been a little busy lately but it looks like I will have some free time coming up soon after a big sale I have going on.

Believe me, once you go to 4S you will never go back.

yeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwww

B

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefboy
Flyboy is correct. Im using the Lightflight ARC-20-34-3 (ARC 110) with an APC 4.1 x 4.1. I got lucky the rolls are very axial. The roll rate is great. I couldn't be happier! Flight time is definitely 10 minutes or so. It is great for the park I fly in. It is great period. Very crisp feeling controls.

Flyboy - you don't make it out to BL at lunch time during the week any more for some flight time do you? I haven't seen you in quite some time. Sorry to say my practical side would rather build a new FS-36 Lightning from the ground up around a 4s powerplant. I must be lazy as it seems like a hassle to try a 4s one time in it, readjust the CG, change props, etc especially when I don't own any 4s 2100 batts then to have to go back. I do love the setup and having it in a 4s setup would be awesome.
Apr 18, 2009, 08:17 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuisance
More Pictures...Tim
Looks like the 3M 90 fumes got to him...poor CK!

Eric
Apr 18, 2009, 10:00 PM
CK has to be beat LOL.
Apr 18, 2009, 10:14 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
LOL, Does he also ride to SEFF in the trailer and build on the way??

Diggs
Apr 18, 2009, 10:20 PM
Tim - I am curious... Exactly when are you guys leaving considering it doesn't start for another 12 days.
Apr 18, 2009, 10:23 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
I saw one of his posts in the SEFF thread that he is leaving out 5am tomorrow and planning on arriving Tuesday.

Diggs
Apr 18, 2009, 10:25 PM
umm - Wow so they are out there well before SEFF enjoying the time. Nice.. I wish I had that kinda escape from home. CK how did you pull that off with the wife.
Apr 18, 2009, 11:03 PM
Addicted To Glass !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1
Tim - I am curious... Exactly when are you guys leaving considering it doesn't start for another 12 days.

with 15 new wings, 3 new dw foamys, and a couple of other new planes .

we will be maddening alot. relaxing, making new Ritwing Video's, ,Just getting away from it all......
Apr 18, 2009, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuisance
with 15 new wings, 3 new dw foamys, and a couple of other new planes .

we will be maddening alot. relaxing, making new Ritwing Video's, ,Just getting away from it all......
That sounds like a good time Tim..
Apr 19, 2009, 01:32 AM
Luke 12:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6
are you getting good vertical out of it? whats the weight all up?
AUW is 26 oz. I can't seem to make them light. But that is okay because it definitely retains its speed quite nicely. Vertical is better than I anticipated especially at speed. It is by no means unlimited. I'm more than pleased with the outcome! I would never sell it! Well maybe if you offered me $1000 and I could get another core from CK.
Apr 19, 2009, 03:34 PM
Curious - I fly off of a asphalt runway also and would like to take my ritewing down there to show off to the turbine guys. But prior to doing this I would love to protect the underbody of my wing. I have found that guys in the RC car world are using a urethane protector on the body of their chassis.

As anyone here done that yet. If so where did you get the film from.
Apr 19, 2009, 03:47 PM
resU deretsigeR
we just use a 2mm piece of coro and start tape it on.. when tore up we can replace it eazy same with the winglets...
Apr 19, 2009, 07:40 PM
Fly me to the moon...

Stupid lite IYF44

Well I am addicted to building and just could'nt relax...... Took me 4 days to complete this build, maybe 6-8hrs a day.....

The AUW can drop another oz or two easily. It came out nose heavy so I needed to use the 4mm coro on the winglets. It balances 8.0 on the spot with no lead. This one has a bit more sweep since I wanted it stupid lite, CG is around 8.25 at 22.5%MAC

So with a much lighter batt and 2mm coro I could hit 15oz easy, oh yeah there is a CC T-bird 36 inside and its way overkill but I had it on hand. When I get a Tbird 18 in her it'll lose some weight.

All my gear is in Georgia so no flying anytime soon.....

AUW 485grams ~17oz

Selfwound CCDR single, 14T, 24G, Wye
T-bird 36
Airtronics Micro digital. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJTU7&P=ML

The battery it was built around is the TP1320 3s but its a 4"x2" bay so it will fit a 2100 snugly

Whats awesome bout this is I can pull the motor and slope this baby at a whopping 12oz!

Oh Yeah I used solite I had on hand, thats why its nothing fancy, wanted it lite as possible.
Last edited by Atom1025; Apr 19, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Apr 19, 2009, 08:05 PM
More props are better than One
That looks good... I see you used a bearing tube type motor mount. That gives you many options as far as the motor goes..