New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Apr 06, 2008, 12:04 AM
PaulVi is offline
Find More Posts by PaulVi
resU deretsigeR
PaulVi's Avatar
very nice.. what are the specs on the motors..
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2008, 12:07 AM
Diggs is offline
Find More Posts by Diggs
Not your average DiggsyBear
Diggs's Avatar
I wish I could tell ya. They are custom winds from Morphs. I am going to fly it here and take her to SEFF and he has offered to rewind them for me for free. Said he has a new method that will make them more efficient. But, I want to finally try her out. hope it goes well

Diggs
Old Apr 06, 2008, 01:10 AM
Atom1025 is offline
Find More Posts by Atom1025
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar
Bout time you slacker! Hows she sound?

Adam
Old Apr 06, 2008, 09:23 AM
methos is offline
Find More Posts by methos
Registered User
methos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkz
Hey Adam. What microdan motor should I be looking at? The 2800kv speed motor or the 2535kv motor? Or should I get one of each? I plan on running 6x4 or 6x5.5 props on 4s. Will the 2800kv motor burn out if I run it on 4s with these props? Gonna be putting them in the TL40 and TL50 Slice. I also have a couple Mega 16/15/3 and an Arc 28mm 2.5 turn motor. Any suggestions will always be appreciated.
Like Adam said the 2535kv was built to run on 4s with a 6" prop... but, the 2800kv motor will turn a 5.5x4.5 prop at about 45 - 48 amps and 650 - 670 watts without breaking a sweat... well at least in Canada where it is a little cooler than the Southern USA
Old Apr 06, 2008, 01:12 PM
hawkz is offline
Find More Posts by hawkz
Registered User
Cool. Thanks for the info, methos. I'm gonna try to run my motors on 6x4 or 6x5.5 since there seems to be balancing issues with the 5.5x4.5 props (per ritewing podcast #2). I don't have a prop balancer and so I just stick my prop on and let her rip. If I hear and feel lots of vibrations while holding the wing, then I move on to another prop.
Old Apr 06, 2008, 01:21 PM
klique is offline
Find More Posts by klique
Mum is the word!
Hawkz, Ballancers are dirt cheap,5.5/4.5 props are awsome dont negate that bro..What kinda rpms are you turning?
Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkz
Cool. Thanks for the info, methos. I'm gonna try to run my motors on 6x4 or 6x5.5 since there seems to be balancing issues with the 5.5x4.5 props (per ritewing podcast #2). I don't have a prop balancer and so I just stick my prop on and let her rip. If I hear and feel lots of vibrations while holding the wing, then I move on to another prop.
Old Apr 06, 2008, 08:18 PM
hawkz is offline
Find More Posts by hawkz
Registered User
Balancers are cheap eh? Will you have one for me the next time I come visit in a month or so? I have no idea what kinda rpms I'm turning. I don't have something to count the rpms either.
Old Apr 06, 2008, 08:20 PM
klique is offline
Find More Posts by klique
Mum is the word!
You need a tach too.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkz
Balancers are cheap eh? Will you have one for me the next time I come visit in a month or so? I have no idea what kinda rpms I'm turning. I don't have something to count the rpms either.
Old Apr 06, 2008, 08:52 PM
Wingman65 is online now
Find More Posts by Wingman65
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
Wingman65's Avatar

36" & 54" Lightning maiden flights


Finally got a chance to fly the Lightnings and everything went excellent. Weather was great w/ 10-20mph wind which had no serious effect on the wings.

54'": Only flew one 10 min flight but it flew great, very stable w/ only minor trim needed. Thrust angle was dead on (pure luck), I was a little concerned it would be a problem with outrunner setup. This is a very stable fying plane but a little underpowered on my setup: JGF 500T on 3s4200 and 7x5 prop. I think a mega 5-turn or ARC 2turn may be better for this plane. Very good glide characteristics, would make an awsome sloper, as I could get it way up and then glide around forever.



36": OH YEAH BABY! This is going to be a favorite very quickly. This sucker flew great, just needed a pinch of trim and minor thrust angle tweak(down about 1/8 inch) then it flew dead on an very fast. I changed my drivetrain for maiden to Mega 3-turn on 3s4200 with 5.25x4.75 prop. Auw on this setup was 32.5 oz and it was an awsome flier, very fast an very maneuverable, very sensitive to too much input and flies very stable at slower speeds. I really liked the way this Ritewing flies, very fun, fast and stable even on windy day

Ritewings kick ars and the man always delivers what he advertises.


Tony
Old Apr 07, 2008, 12:05 AM
Atom1025 is offline
Find More Posts by Atom1025
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar
Congrats on the maiden, the arc 2t longcan will run an 8x4 on 3s it will also run a 7x7 for some more speed, I have yet to test the 7x7 but the calc showed similiar amps as the 8x4.

My 60 really flies great on this setup, not much punchout but it does not feel underpowered.
Old Apr 07, 2008, 06:55 PM
jstoll is offline
Find More Posts by jstoll
cant leave things stock
jstoll's Avatar

FS33 with a big battery :-)


so here is the start of the FS33
there are 2 bays on top the forward one fits a 3S1P 3500 MAH 25C

its going to use a small outrunner & a small 40 amp ESC I have
there is no room in the body for servos so they may have to be mounted externally against the fuse at the LE of the wing
probably over weighted
I could use a smaller bat which would probably move the CG forward & lighten it up
as it stands its about perfect ballancing at the LE next to the fuse
we will see :-)
take care
JAK
Old Apr 07, 2008, 07:11 PM
klique is offline
Find More Posts by klique
Mum is the word!

servos


mount them close to the LE
Old Apr 08, 2008, 01:22 AM
Wingman65 is online now
Find More Posts by Wingman65
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
Wingman65's Avatar

Selling 54" Lightning


I'm putting my 54" Lightning up for sale. It has JGF 500T on it and flies great. Plenty of room for tons of batt. Need batt funds so a sacrifice has to be made $225 shipped inside U.S., PM me if interested.
Old Apr 08, 2008, 01:26 AM
PaulVi is offline
Find More Posts by PaulVi
resU deretsigeR
PaulVi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstoll
so here is the start of the FS33
there are 2 bays on top the forward one fits a 3S1P 3500 MAH 25C

its going to use a small outrunner & a small 40 amp ESC I have
there is no room in the body for servos so they may have to be mounted externally against the fuse at the LE of the wing
probably over weighted
I could use a smaller bat which would probably move the CG forward & lighten it up
as it stands its about perfect ballancing at the LE next to the fuse
we will see :-)
take care
JAK
very nice.. what are you using for a motor mount
Old Apr 08, 2008, 01:56 AM
Atom1025 is offline
Find More Posts by Atom1025
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
I'm putting my 54" Lightning up for sale. It has JGF 500T on it and flies great. Plenty of room for tons of batt. Need batt funds so a sacrifice has to be made $225 shipped inside U.S., PM me if interested.
Man thats a freaking steal! and such a beautiful build as well.

Sorry you have to give it up


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got some Fan Fold what to build thread part II started by emoone!!! Don Sims Foamies (Kits) 188 Jan 23, 2010 09:28 PM
Build Log RiteWing 48-FT build thread theclaw Slope 46 Dec 09, 2007 09:53 AM
Mountain Models Tantrum Partial Build Thread.. Tram Parkflyers 142 Apr 03, 2004 11:41 PM
My Bobolink Build Thread (very Colibri like) Jim Poor Hand Launch 65 Dec 10, 2003 05:48 PM
Switchback re-build thread (or What the $#*& was that!) Biggles604 Parkflyers 17 Jun 23, 2003 10:34 PM