One more time-GWS Beaver dihedral ? - RC Groups
Oct 25, 2002, 06:59 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02

One more time-GWS Beaver dihedral ?

I know this has been beaten to death here, but the thread I was reading a week ago seems to have vanished, and I don't remember what the suggested dihedral was for this little bugger. Too much and it looks like a butterfly, too little and it won't turn. What is the happy medium. I want it to be as flat as possible but still be able to turn properly. With one panel flat, would 3" under the other tip do it. Sorry to be a bother, but I just got tired of looking through all those old threads. Tom
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2002, 09:09 PM
Crash Master
Per Hoppy, in https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...eaver+dihedral

It flies just fine with one wing tip being 2 3/4" higher than the other. That is, with one wing flat on the table, the bottom of the other wing tip is 2 3/4" higher. This is less than 10 deg but looks much better. I used ProBond on dampened surfaces for all gluing. Try the wing mounted strut attachments at a 90 deg angle to that specified. The way they are, the plastic has to be bent almost 60 deg.

I used search 'beaver dihedral'
Oct 25, 2002, 09:38 PM
I'll say this much. . . . Mine has too much. My flying friend's plane has about half -- looks almost flat.
It turns just fine, and the wing's don't flutter on his like they do on mine.
I think I've got about 5" total on mine, FWIW.
--Mark
Oct 25, 2002, 09:52 PM
I just used a coffee cup under one end .
Oct 25, 2002, 11:37 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02

Thanks genebond!

That was the thread I had been looking for. I will do mine at 2 3/4". It looks a lot better that way, and as long as guys say it turns OK, that is all I am asking. Thanks for the help. Tom