May 23, 2007, 12:20 AM
Team Tracon!
Hi Everyone,

For those going to Chilliwack this weekend, here's some pictures and the map showing how to get to the Field/Pond for the BIG EVENT...

Hope everyone is getting HYPED up for the weekend...

Here's a couple of links to pictures from the past Chilliwack Events:

Chilliwack 2006 #1:

Chilliwack 2006 #2

Chilliwack 2005 #1

Chilliwack 2005 #2

Here's the map:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there !!!

Sam
Last edited by Tracon; May 24, 2007 at 12:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2007, 12:07 PM
My son Devin and I will be there Friday afternoon and probably head home on Sunday. We're at the Vedder River Inn, although don't plan on spending too much time at the motel! I'll be bringing my WW1 Staffel - Fokker D.VII, Albatros C.III, and an Airco DH2 thrown in to prove I'm not biased! My son's 11th birthday is on Sunday, and we're looking forward to our "Guy's Weekend" and meeting some E-Zoners face-to-face.
May 25, 2007, 12:17 PM
Leave me alone!
Anyone that's considering coming out but hasn't made the decision yet should have seen the weather we had yesterday. It was calm, sunny, and just a fantastic flying day. It's supposed to stay like this, too!

Martin
May 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Dang!! You're killing me! 8^(
May 25, 2007, 01:46 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Calm AND sunny!? wow. Exceptional weather. Looks like some rain on Sunday though

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea....htm#shortTerm
May 25, 2007, 01:48 PM
Art, you still have time to change your mind
May 25, 2007, 01:58 PM
BEC
BEC
Am in the process of packing up to load right now. Will be headed north when that's done.
May 25, 2007, 10:24 PM
Permanently Banned
Alas, I am going to miss again this year due to last second issues.

Maybe next year...

Larry
May 26, 2007, 02:18 AM
BEC
BEC
Well, there's August.....

It is beautiful out at the field as always. And it was calm in the last hour and a half or so before dark. One LED-equipped GWS Beaver was still flying when I left to get food and return to my room at 9:30 PM.
May 26, 2007, 04:01 AM
Permanently Banned
deleted - see my blog
Larry
Last edited by Larry3215; Jun 28, 2007 at 04:12 AM.
May 26, 2007, 01:18 PM
Leave me alone!
To anyone following my gross string of bad luck yesterday, let's have an update. The drive home was ok despite being forced onto the grass shoulder by a semi changing lanes with no signal. I hate Vancouver traffic. Later, no more than 1km from my door, some little moron of a kid (10-12ish?) runs out in front of me in the dark. I had to do a panic brake and finally skidded to a stop about 3 feet from where this little bastard was standing. He was trying to cross a highway in between cars doing 90+ km/h. As I stopped, naturally anything not nailed down in the xterra went flying and I heard the familiar crunch of balsa. Damage to my contents is as follows:

Diddlebug - damaged beyond repair. Wing and tail are not much more than matchsticks
Tupolev ANT-20 - tail feathers lightly damaged, minor hole in covering, right wing engine mounts broken
Waco YMF - tail feathers moderately damaged, possible additional damage to right wings including main spars in multiple locations and interplanar struts
Groove - Punctures through covering in wing
Banchee - Minor damage to rudder, stripped rudder servo
Switchback - minor covering punctures, elevator joiner broken

Is it any wonder I hate kids?

Martin
Last edited by Martin Hunter; May 26, 2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: clarification
May 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Martin, good to hear the youngster is fine.

Sorry to hear about the carnage in the back of the SUV...that honestly sucks.

Do you have photos from Chilliwack?
May 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
96RC/3178W
Sorry about the non-flying carnage, Martin. Thats terrible. I would'of been crying. But, I hear that the event was fun and everyone seemed to have a good time, right? :P

for anyone else that was there,
POST YOUR PICS!!!!

~Matt
May 27, 2007, 08:57 PM
I've posted a video of some of Saturday's flying events on You Tube
Annual Chilliwack Fly Meet (9 min 54 sec)

Lar
May 27, 2007, 09:46 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thanks for the video, nice job.

Quick Reply