Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Ron
Ron
Discussion

Chilliwack Spring Fly In

Well guys, it's that time of year again...the Chilliwack event is on and happening on the Memorial Day weekend...Come on out and have a great weekend of flying, and visiting with friends here. starts officially Saturday morning, but you can come a few days early and or stay a few days after.
Camping at the field, we encourage you to bring any old stuff you wish to sell, as there is always someone looking for previously enjoyed parts, planes, or equipment. Bring along a floaty plane if you have one, and make a visit with the gang to our float pond. Saturday evening we usually bring in some kind of meal.... This is a great weekend in one of the most beautiful areas of the world...guaranteed good weather, unless it rains or blows, or is generally not nice. But in any case it will be fun no matter what.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone here again...Ron
COST ?? ten dollars whether you stay a day or two weeks.....and since ten dollars CDN works out to about fourteen cents US...it's a great deal.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry Ron, I didn't see your thread until after I posted one with a picture about the Flood Threat. I will post a picture every few days to keep everyone informed. Hal
May 12, 2007, 12:26 AM
Ron
Ron
Hal: you know the area...there will be no flood at the field..even in 48 there was no water on the field where the runway is....
Even if there was flooding, it wouldn't be till well after the fly in.
Seems to me the " experts" are saying mid June at the earliest, if at all...we had them at the office to explain it to us so that we could be well informed for our clients.
May 12, 2007, 12:12 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Hmmmm... I've have some time off over Memorial weekend. How far from Vancouver BC? I've heard you need a passport these days?
May 12, 2007, 06:06 PM
Hi Art--
Passports are not going to be required for land travel until 2008--see:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html
for the whole nine yards
I've been going up through Sumas/Abbotsford--you leave I-5 in Bellingham and take either 539 or 542 to get over to Sumas or the Lynden crossing--have always been much shorter lines than the Blaine crossing to Vancouver, and you save some driving miles as well.
Ron and crew do a great job, and I look forward to this every year.

Steve G.
May 12, 2007, 08:42 PM
aka neweflyer
Art, This is a great event. we have found that the Lynden crossing is typically the fastest. give me a call if you have any questions.

Grant
May 13, 2007, 02:09 AM
Permanently Banned
Where exacly is the field?

I've been wanting to come to your event for years, but never have managed it.

I may give it a go this year

Larry
May 13, 2007, 11:05 AM
aka neweflyer
http://www.geocities.com/halsfldevents/FVRCFMAP.jpg

here is a link with a map.

grant
May 13, 2007, 09:48 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweflyer
Art, This is a great event. we have found that the Lynden crossing is typically the fastest. give me a call if you have any questions.

Grant
Hey Grant, we can fly some formation now.
May 13, 2007, 11:41 PM
aka neweflyer
sounds good, i can't wait to get there!
May 13, 2007, 11:51 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
I've been looking for a motel in Chilliwack, everything seems full. any suggestions?
May 14, 2007, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
I've been looking for a motel in Chilliwack, everything seems full. any suggestions?
Sleep in your P-40...it looked big enough!

Terry
May 14, 2007, 12:46 PM
Ron
Ron
Art...go to www.doddhappyhometeam.com....click on the everything you want to know sbout Chilliwack link. It will give you a list of every motel/hotel in Chilliwack complete with phone numbers.
May 14, 2007, 12:49 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thanks, that's a little more helpful than Terry's suggestion! harhar
May 14, 2007, 02:11 PM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Hi Ron!
The Calgary Contingent can't make it this May unfortunatley. Will stay tuned for the photos though!

Quick Reply