May 17, 2007, 03:39 PM
Thread OP
Does anyone know if Sig increased the size of the wing joiner on the Somethin Extra somewhere along the way ? Vipor sent me the tube but it is too large in diameter . The tube is 7/8 and the hole in the wing and fues is 3/4 . I looked up the tube on Sig and it says it is 7/8 . Now what ? I guess I can call Sig and see if they increased the diameter and if they have any old wing joiners laying around .
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2007, 08:01 PM

Bubbles in fuel line

A quick fix for bubbles? Believe it or not, a couple of drops of washing up liquid in the fuel. (Brian Winch recommended that in a magazine article some while back, I tried, it works.)
May 17, 2007, 09:37 PM
I don't know how long the joiner is, but have you thought about using K&S tubing? It comes in sizes up to 1" and in aluminum. Michaels, or the LHS should have it -- or tower, come to that. You can splice it in the middle if you need to.....

Do a search at Tower; should find something that would do.
howell
May 18, 2007, 05:45 AM
If you know what size you need, www.tntlandinggear.com should have it.

Hope this helps.
May 18, 2007, 01:40 PM
Thread OP
I called Sig and the wing joiner for the ARF is smaller then the kit . I went ahead and ordered one about $20 with shipping . Thanks Don for sending the tube if it had been the right size it would have saved me some $$$ . They said I would get it Monday or Tuesday . Now I just need to fix my fuel flow problem and have my crystal come in so I can fly it with my computer radio .
I also need a calm day it has been real windy here for the last few days .
May 25, 2007, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
I have 3 wing joiners the one VP sent me , the one from Sig and Larry who gave me the plane found the original one . Up till today it has been real windy so I hadn't been to the field and Larry did not have my phone # or I would not have had to order one . Anyway I just got back from the club I finally had a calm day . I could not get the Magnum engine running so I put on an OS .46 AX that survived a crash last season and had no plane to power . I maidened the SSE and WOW I love it . I usually like a more experienced pilot with me when I maiden a plane to stand by me and help trim it . It was so calm I could not resist . Just a couple clicks up and a couple clicks right got me flying level . I started on low rates but quickly switched to high rates and wow it rolls quicker than the Twist .
I had a ball and like it better than my Twist . It does aerobatic maneuvers much nicer than the Twist . The Twist is very difficult to knife edge and with the SSE a knife edge is a breeze and let me enjoy my first good knife edge I have ever done . My only complaint is the top and bottom look too much alike and at the roll rate it has it is easy to get confused which I did at one point . You all enjoy the holiday and keep them in the air . I have to work .
Last edited by Hobie; May 25, 2007 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply