This thread is privately moderated by FredericG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 11, 2007, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

The first flights with the OSD module

It's a long time since my last report in my blog....

During the initial test flight I ignored some unusual glitches and it resulted in a crash. I spend some time finding out what the problem was.

After that I have done many successful flights with my FPV plane and my home-brew OSD module.

This is one video that was shot at the BeNeLux meeting in April in Holland, these video's still contain debugging values on the 2nd line:
http://www.rc-flight.be/temp/RCAP_meeting.wmv (20 Mb)
http://www.rc-flight.be/temp/RCAP_meeting_big.wmv (80 Mb...)

This is a short video that demonstrates the "north"-indicator that I added:
http://www.rc-flight.be/temp/north-indicator.wmv

I am working now on the rudder-home functionality.

Frederic
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2007, 09:48 AM
The sky is my playground.
Technology amazes me every day, and this is no exception.
May 14, 2007, 10:19 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Soooooo cool!! How far away do you let this thing fly?
May 14, 2007, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
The control-link is the limiting factor, let's say 1 km. My project (and there are some similar ones) help in indicating the distance and turn the plane back to the pilot in case the connection is lost.

Frederic
Last edited by FredericG; May 14, 2007 at 04:26 PM.
May 17, 2007, 12:55 PM

Your Power Set Up

I'd like to know how you set up motor thrust angle. Can you tell me what size prop you used with what motor? I have a similar set up in the works and in test flights with the new motor mount located a few inches higher than original (like yours appears) the plane wants to dive hard. It takes lots of up elevator to keep it level.

Do you have another thread where you talked about this?

Thanks,
Frank
May 17, 2007, 03:58 PM
Thread OP
The motor is an AXI2808/24, the prop is 9x5, delivers around 180W. The thrust line is around 10 degrees.
The plane has a tendency to plunge, I mix elevator with throttle to compensate automatically.
In addition, the plane has a tendency to plunge just after applying (additional) power. As the plane gains speed the phenomena disappears. Because of this, I never launch full throttle. The co-pilot also helps compensating this.
At first I was also very disappointed, but you learn to live with it.

Look for EasyGlider and Pylon and you will find more

Frederic
May 19, 2007, 05:02 AM
incredible!

Quick Reply