New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2007, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by flyboycrawford
Help!

Newbie asking Tony 65x55 for Advise on Blu-Baby Build

Hello Tony, I am very impressed with Your build of the 33" Blu-Baby and I thank You for all the info. and help so far. I hope to have one built by the next weekend, However, I am stupid when it comes to the proper radio gear for this model. Let me tell You what I have on hand and then please instruct me as to what I need to complete the power plant. I have the J250 motor, A 20 amp GFS Micro Speed Control, 3 HS-81 Hitec servos, and 2 Ni-MH 7.2 volt 900 mah batteries. I know the motor will work, can I use any of the other stuff?? What size prop to use, I can't find any labeled GWS 4350 with rubber connectors. Thanks for the help.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2007, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by Tony65x55
I'm not flying backwards!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboycrawford
Hello Tony, I am very impressed with Your build of the 33" Blu-Baby and I thank You for all the info. and help so far. I hope to have one built by the next weekend, However, I am stupid when it comes to the proper radio gear for this model. Let me tell You what I have on hand and then please instruct me as to what I need to complete the power plant. I have the J250 motor, A 20 amp GFS Micro Speed Control, 3 HS-81 Hitec servos, and 2 Ni-MH 7.2 volt 900 mah batteries. I know the motor will work, can I use any of the other stuff?? What size prop to use, I can't find any labeled GWS 4350 with rubber connectors. Thanks for the help.
You're in pretty good shape. The J250 will work direct drive, although it would be better in a GWS EPS-100(C) drive. Run a GWS 4025 prop with it or a GWS 9070 prop with the gear drive. Use two of the HS-81 servos, one for rudder, one for elevator. I don't know the speed control you mentioned but it is probably OK too. Those batteries will certainly deliver the power required but they are probably very heavy. The Blu-Baby was designed to be very light and needs to be if you are running a "minimum" motor like a J250 direct drive. I would recommend you pick up some lithium polymer batteries and an inexpensive charger for them. If you plan on using these lipos with a J250 they must be capable of delivering no less then 7 amps continuous or you'll fry them.

I hope this helps,

Tony