Jun 11, 2007, 08:24 AM
Thread OP

And with that, She's Ready to Fly

The machine gun was made up from rolled paper, balsa block and a few bits of plastic. It's pretty well hidden under the wing, so there wasn'y a lot of detail added.

Then with a few static shots taken while we waited for the sun to come up and it was time to fly.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2007, 08:31 AM
Thread OP

Flying the Nieuport

The Nieuport flew pretty much as I suspected it would. In fact, it feels alot like the YMF-5 air. It's really stable, and for a relatively low powered model handles nicely. With this set-up, it's a terrific Park Flyer for those small field venues.

Meanwhile, I'll make a few minor adjustments for the next go around and fly it some more to get the brushed set up pretty well optomized, then refit the model with the Himax 2808-890 and run it through its paces again so that we can suggest a good brushless alternative as well.

PAT
Jun 11, 2007, 03:55 PM
It flew once before...
Pat ,

It looks awesome . It ought to go real well on the Himax . In my YMF-5 I'm using the 2015 -5100 in a GWS 350C "B" GB ...plenty of power to spare ...

-John
Jul 06, 2007, 12:17 PM
I've noticed several references to "Callie". Is this someone who produces transferable markings and decorations? If so, would someone please tel me how to make contact?

I seem to recall someone by that name at the Toledo Show but I didn't get to see the booth or get any info.

Boyd O'Brien
Jul 06, 2007, 12:39 PM
Thread OP
Boyd, You can visit Callie's web site at www.callie-graphics.com, or contact her at [email protected]

PAT
Jul 11, 2007, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
Boyd, You can visit Callie's web site at www.callie-graphics.com, or contact her at [email protected]

PAT

Thanks Pat. I'll contact her. In the meantime, is the kit ready for sale of the Nieuport 28? I checked your web site but it isn't listed.

Also, I've just about finished the 44" Tiger Moth and would like to buy the plastic parts mentioned by Sparky, the corrugated tank cover, instrument panels, wheel discs and wind screens. Also mentioned by someone is an instruction manual for the Tiger Moth. I seem to have some parts left over and I can't find where they go on the plans. I'm referring to WCST and WCSB, two of each.

Thanks,

Boyd
Last edited by boydobrien; Jul 11, 2007 at 04:08 PM.
Jul 11, 2007, 08:18 PM
Neophyte hacker
Boyd,

This is another Dumas prototype. So, a year, 18 months before release.

charlie
Dec 08, 2007, 05:34 PM
Any word on how it works with the Himax 2808-890 setup?
Dec 08, 2007, 09:19 PM
Thread OP
1, I haven't had the time to get the second p-type built yet, so there's no word yet. I also plan to build #2 with ailerons and scale difedral, just to see what happens.

PAT
Dec 09, 2007, 08:13 AM
It flew once before...
Pat ,
Will the aeleron option be part of the Dumas kit or is it something we would have to hack in ?
-John
Jun 15, 2008, 12:52 PM
Thread OP
Went out this morning and flew the N-28 again, and got to thinking that it might do better with a bit of more modern brushless power system. So, 1 came home and went rooting through the motor box and found a 1080 KV Park 370, which looked like it should be just the ticket.

The new set up uses a simple mount box glued to the front fuselage bulkhead with a lite ply firewall. And on 2 cells with a GWS 9-5 simitat prop, it flew the model absolutely beautifully! Speedwize, it's a little faster then the original geared 280, and cruises nicely at 1/2 power. Loops are strong all the way over the top, and the climb is about 45 degrees till you get tired of going up.

The first flight consumed 339 ma's in a 10 minute flight, which means that 30 minute flight times with the T-Power 1320 battery will be MO problem. I do believe that this one will be seeing some serious flight times in the very near future!

PAT
Jun 15, 2008, 04:39 PM
Pat,

ANy news on when the rest of us mortals can have at this one. This is by far my favorite WWI Bipe. All the curved tails and tips are too sweet.

Bosley
Jun 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
Thread OP
Bosley, All of this is now in the hands of the Guys at Dumas. At this point I couldn't even hazard a guess at when it might break out. All I can say is that it is coming -- eventually.

PAT
Apr 13, 2009, 10:46 AM
any news on the release of the kit?
Apr 13, 2009, 12:01 PM
Garry Owen!
It was released a while back.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKS5&P=7

Quick Reply