Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:16 PM
capt soap is offline
Find More Posts by capt soap
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
Where is everyone getting a good price on the gws 15's at? My first edf is a freewing f-35... Would this make a good 2nd Jet?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 09:19 AM
jamesdr is offline
Find More Posts by jamesdr
Unrepentant Carnivore
jamesdr's Avatar
It's a really nice jet, and if you are not afraid of building, would make a good first jet. It is not fast but handles quite well with just elevons. Highly recommend you use the GWS "Park" servos for the flying stab. It lands like a dream, doing high alfa aproaches is very cool. I used the GWS 3900 kv motors on 2200 mAh 4s - got flight times of around 4 min.

Jim
Old Mar 08, 2011, 03:22 PM
wellington53 is offline
Find More Posts by wellington53
Glenn
wellington53's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr View Post
It's a really nice jet, and if you are not afraid of building, would make a good first jet. It is not fast but handles quite well with just elevons. Highly recommend you use the GWS "Park" servos for the flying stab. It lands like a dream, doing high alfa aproaches is very cool. I used the GWS 3900 kv motors on 2200 mAh 4s - got flight times of around 4 min.

Jim
I absolutely agree Jim, I flew mine again after neary a year stuck in a cupbord, though mine is the 4600kv motors I used a 2200mah 4s pack things came down luke warm.
Glenn.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:52 AM
Headspin is offline
Find More Posts by Headspin
It wasn't my fault!!
Headspin's Avatar
Well.. all the snow melted, and I did a taxi test.. a bit twitchy to start but trimmed it in.
Once it was a little more stable I gave her a bit more and easedback on the elevons.. Nose came right up.. was looking good. Probelm was my turning circle was reduced and I hit a slab of concrete and the nose wheel collapsed. Bah!!
Easy fix.. but then we got another 8" of snow.. when will it end.

By the way.. Mine came out at 47oz - includint 2650mah lipo (it has retracts too) I'm kinda worried about this.. It has stock "blue" motors.

I'm thinking I might need to epoxy the wings on?

Anyone flying this heavy?

Thanks.. Jeff
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:57 PM
wellington53 is offline
Find More Posts by wellington53
Glenn
wellington53's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspin View Post
Well.. all the snow melted, and I did a taxi test.. a bit twitchy to start but trimmed it in.
Once it was a little more stable I gave her a bit more and easedback on the elevons.. Nose came right up.. was looking good. Probelm was my turning circle was reduced and I hit a slab of concrete and the nose wheel collapsed. Bah!!
Easy fix.. but then we got another 8" of snow.. when will it end.

By the way.. Mine came out at 47oz - includint 2650mah lipo (it has retracts too) I'm kinda worried about this.. It has stock "blue" motors.

I'm thinking I might need to epoxy the wings on?

Anyone flying this heavy?

Thanks.. Jeff
Jeff, I just weighed mine with the 4s 2200mah and it came out at 32ozs so caparison yours is a pig I too have the blue motors.

Glueing the wings on sounds a good idea!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:02 PM
Dark Angel is offline
Find More Posts by Dark Angel
skunkworks
Dark Angel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspin View Post
Well.. all the snow melted, and I did a taxi test.. a bit twitchy to start but trimmed it in.
Once it was a little more stable I gave her a bit more and easedback on the elevons.. Nose came right up.. was looking good. Probelm was my turning circle was reduced and I hit a slab of concrete and the nose wheel collapsed. Bah!!
Easy fix.. but then we got another 8" of snow.. when will it end.

By the way.. Mine came out at 47oz - includint 2650mah lipo (it has retracts too) I'm kinda worried about this.. It has stock "blue" motors.

I'm thinking I might need to epoxy the wings on?

Anyone flying this heavy?

Thanks.. Jeff
Umm mine weighs 46 oz.s with fixed gear!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 03:05 AM
gws roger is offline
Find More Posts by gws roger
Registered User

GWS F-15 in show room


I attach photos of F-15 in GWS show room. The EPO version is going to be released very soon. Thanks for your patience. It's been a long time., but it is ready now.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:34 AM
Headspin is offline
Find More Posts by Headspin
It wasn't my fault!!
Headspin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
Umm mine weighs 46 oz.s with fixed gear!
Well.. I feel a lot better then now

Are you stock motors? And are your wings still clip on?
I heard tales of the wing joints flexing - kinda scary.. Mine are pretty tight. Almost no gap when fitted. In fact, so tight they are difficult to remove without damaging the foam.. so I tend to leave them fitted. Might as well be epoxied.. oooo.. more weight
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:59 AM
wellington53 is offline
Find More Posts by wellington53
Glenn
wellington53's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspin View Post
Well.. I feel a lot better then now

Are you stock motors? And are your wings still clip on?
I heard tales of the wing joints flexing - kinda scary.. Mine are pretty tight. Almost no gap when fitted. In fact, so tight they are difficult to remove without damaging the foam.. so I tend to leave them fitted. Might as well be epoxied.. oooo.. more weight
I still take mine off for transport and yes they are tight, glueing them on sounds like a good idea to me.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:30 PM
gws roger is offline
Find More Posts by gws roger
Registered User

Gws f15


Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspin View Post
Well.. I feel a lot better then now

Are you stock motors? And are your wings still clip on?
I heard tales of the wing joints flexing - kinda scary.. Mine are pretty tight. Almost no gap when fitted. In fact, so tight they are difficult to remove without damaging the foam.. so I tend to leave them fitted. Might as well be epoxied.. oooo.. more weight
We have new in-runner motor for EDF 64 which is very powerful for this size.
Two EDF makes the F-15 over-powered. You do not need full throttle all the time. The clip on wing joint is an innovative device in model airplane kit. Convenient., secure. and easy to use if you make it well aligned.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 02:09 PM
Dark Angel is offline
Find More Posts by Dark Angel
skunkworks
Dark Angel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspin View Post
Well.. I feel a lot better then now

Are you stock motors? And are your wings still clip on?
I heard tales of the wing joints flexing - kinda scary.. Mine are pretty tight. Almost no gap when fitted. In fact, so tight they are difficult to remove without damaging the foam.. so I tend to leave them fitted. Might as well be epoxied.. oooo.. more weight
Nope wings are not glued, using hyperion 4400kv witha 4000mah batt, ailerons,elevator setup. Stick with the stock one unless you are willing to go to a 4s setup Never had any issues with the wimgs the landing gear are little wobbly so I have to be careful on rollout
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:56 PM
coptercptn is offline
Find More Posts by coptercptn
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
We have new in-runner motor for EDF 64 which is very powerful for this size.
Two EDF makes the F-15 over-powered. You do not need full throttle all the time. The clip on wing joint is an innovative device in model airplane kit. Convenient., secure. and easy to use if you make it well aligned.
What are these motors and where can you get them??
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:35 AM
gws roger is offline
Find More Posts by gws roger
Registered User

GWS EDF motors


Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn View Post
What are these motors and where can you get them??
GWS EDFs now come with in-runner motor ready to use. Please check them out at:http://www.caliberhobby.com/df_edf64.html
or at:http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...stem/edf64.htm

•EDF64 - BL2028 (BLM005) Blue
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
corvettercr is offline
Find More Posts by corvettercr
Registered User
corvettercr's Avatar
hi guys, i just bought one of these new in box for 60 bucks whoo hoo!!!! comes with fans and brushless motors. however my fans are orange. are they any good?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
savall21 is offline
Find More Posts by savall21
Go Sabres!
savall21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettercr View Post
hi guys, i just bought one of these new in box for 60 bucks whoo hoo!!!! comes with fans and brushless motors. however my fans are orange. are they any good?
Great price! Where did you get it?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GWS F-15......The Eagle has landed!!!! skyhawk Foamy EDFs 1298 Jul 21, 2016 03:25 PM
Discussion gws 15 Eagle bob2005 Product Announcements 0 Aug 03, 2007 08:37 PM
Video Gws F-15...DON'T BUY IT tailslide5_0 Electric Plane Talk 47 Jun 24, 2007 11:18 PM
New Product ****GWS-15: The Eagle Strikes Again**** RAY GWS Product Announcements 7 Jun 24, 2007 07:31 AM
eflightpower.com strikes again tic Vendor Talk 6 Apr 29, 2002 09:17 PM