May 06, 2007, 09:14 PM
Thread OP
Contest

2007 Western Colorado Slope Challenge Aftermath Thread

Well, what can I say, It was an incredible weekend!!! Holy smokes, DS combat with a swarm of bees is an experence that gives a non stop adreneline rush like I have never before experenced in sloping. A big thanks to all the montrose guys who made this happen, all that work was definitely appreciated. A big thanks to Mike who's house became party central, thanks bro!! Hopefully Paul does not mind me starting this thread, but I have a ton of pics I want to upload. Here are a few........

Holy S*#@, what a weekend!

The build up to the event can be viewed here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...40#post7407840
Last edited by gunnisonflyer; May 07, 2007 at 12:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2007, 09:27 PM
Thread OP

Video Teaser

Here is a little video I put together from Day 1 of the action on Flat Top, more video to come.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=1295824
May 06, 2007, 09:28 PM
Thread OP
After I drink a beer and catch up with the family, I will post more. It was great to spend the weekend with you dudes!!
May 06, 2007, 09:32 PM
Suspended Account
Great pic's Erik, keep em comming... Great video... I got some of the DS action, but it looks freaky, I'll have to see if I can do anything with it...
Last edited by Arbo; May 06, 2007 at 09:40 PM.
May 06, 2007, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
Great pic's Erik, keep em comming... Great video... I got some of the DS action, but it looks freaky, I'll have to see if I can do anything with it...
I got a bit more video, probabally gonna be a few days before I edit anything together. I will try to get some day 2 pics up later...
May 06, 2007, 09:59 PM
The lift is out there....
Awesome, Erik you got some great shots. I'm bummed that I missed the DS combat. I've been wanting to find a place with a good grove where I could really figure it out. Cool, I'm so glad that you didn't get rained/snowed out again. After a nice day up here today it is snowing hard tonight.
May 06, 2007, 11:21 PM
Suspended Account
Yeah, that plane Cody R was flying was awesome. I think perhaps that and Ian's scale bird were my favorite non-Bee's out there.
May 07, 2007, 12:10 AM
Suspended Account
Here's a video that will give a good idea of what we were up to in terms of the combat DS. It's from my camera, and for some reason looks kinda funky... and I have no editing software so it's raw footage and about 20 megs:

http://mmaa-modelairplanes.org/vid/w...bat_sample.avi

Paul
May 07, 2007, 12:13 AM
Where's the wind?
Just made it home. Snow from Vail to Denver. It was getting icy so hopefully everyone else makes it through okay.

Thanks to all for the great time.

Andrew
May 07, 2007, 12:22 AM
Suspended Account
Good to hear you got back safely, hopefully everyone else does as well.
May 07, 2007, 12:45 AM
Modelrater Deluxe
Here is a little of my footage it's raw but it shows the crazyness pretty well. Listen for the good smack about 2/3rds of the way through.

Maybe not let me try it again.
May 07, 2007, 12:46 AM
Just rolled into Lakewood at about 11pm. Lots of snow in the air, and
the roads ranged from wet to slushy from Vail to Lookout Mountain
overlooking Denver. That was an adventure for sure. Gotta thank
JC for driving my truck again, and for keeping company on the CB on
the drive home. We saw westbound I-70 had just been blocked in 2 or 3
places between Eisenhower and Vail Pass. They're shunting people
off at Georgtown now. Probably rock slides.
I hope we were the last ones over the mountains.

ian

Quick Reply