Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:34 AM
Find More Posts by flipnidaho

VMAR Pilatus PC-6B Turbo Porter (???)

I just picked this ARF up from the LHS and will be building shortly (aileron, elevator). I've tried a search on VMAR Pilatus but didn't come up with much. Has anyone have any experience with the build (it doesn't look like much of a build) and flying characteristics (maybe some recommendations)? This will be my 6th plane so I'm not exactly a rookie (although I still fly like one).
As usual, thanks in advance for all your help...
Gary
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2003, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by jamie516
Knight who says NI!
Just bumping this thread to the top! Has anybody flown one of these yet? They look a great deal for the price (ready covered balsa for 33 or $50). They are speed 400dd by the way...
Old Aug 18, 2003, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by John@Squadron55
Gary,
Let me know how you like it...we were going to carry Vmar kits (mostly gas), but I heard nothing but negative reviews....
Good luck with yours...keep us posted.

John
www.squadron55.com
Old Aug 18, 2003, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by Gonzo007
My friend had one. He only flew it once. It was not a good plane. Its now trying to lighten it up. It had a really high wing loading. I myself was looking at just because I wanted a porter. But after seeing his I would not touch it.

Colin
Old Aug 19, 2003, 01:33 PM
Here's a shameless plug for all you Porter fans...

www.squadron55.com

There are also some threads on the airplane, just search for "porter"

John
Old Aug 19, 2003, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by DEPENDS
I'll second the shameless plug. I've been flying a Squadron 55 Porter every night for the last 3 weeks and it is a superlative flyer! With an IPSD twin it is definitely a turbo -porter!

John,
How can you be working on the Pawnee and surf the net at the same time?

JT
Old Aug 19, 2003, 09:21 PM
Ha Ha...I'm not surfing...
I HAVE to check ezone...can't possibly miss a day...you should have seen my withdrawl during the big blackout!
Old Aug 20, 2003, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by Robbie d
Crazy Cessna Owner
i know what ya mean. if our aussie dollar improves a bit more, i'll consider purchasing one of oyur porters, mabye with the ipsd
Old Aug 20, 2003, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by Vonbaron
Plane hugging cat
About the Vmar planes and high wing loading, I bought a speed 400 powered Vmar Viper. It's ready built and looks really cool. Only problem is it's a lead sled. Probably going to need a brushless to fly it.