Nov 02, 2018, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1
that motor is fantastic ! i use it on my jupiter shrimp, but equip it with a 6x3 because of space constraints for the prop, and use a 3s 460mah lipo
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...d#post39845079

trial with 7x4 on 3s fails as the o-ring is inadequate to hold the prop at full power, and there's no provision for a prop nut
draws 7.22amp peak on 3s, for 80 watts of power

the shrimp is 26" (600mm) and ~ 220gm all up with battery

more than ample power and gives ~ 8 minutes air time flying "nicely" - can go vertical with full revs

the baby at 33" would do well, but you'll benefit from increasing the nose moment as the weight of this motor is not enough to get the cg well placed, and you can't add a spinner for ballast like i did on my baby
I would like to make massive wing with this electronics that I mentioned. Would it be all right?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2018, 10:59 AM
Quote:
that motor is fantastic ! i use it on my jupiter shrimp, but equip it with a 6x3 because of space constraints for the prop, and use a 3s 460mah lipo
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...d#post39845079

trial with 7x4 on 3s fails as the o-ring is inadequate to hold the prop at full power, and there's no provision for a prop nut
draws 7.22amp peak on 3s, for 80 watts of power

the shrimp is 26" (600mm) and ~ 220gm all up with battery

more than ample power and gives ~ 8 minutes air time flying "nicely" - can go vertical with full revs

the baby at 33" would do well, but you'll benefit from increasing the nose moment as the weight of this motor is not enough to get the cg well placed, and you can't add a spinner for ballast like i did on my baby
I actually wanted to use this electronics to make a mini Ugly Stick, but I found it very laborious to make those cuts on the lego in hand. I wanted to make an airplane easy-to-build coach. That's why I thought Blu Bbby
Nov 02, 2018, 08:51 PM
looking up, down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by samucaroli
I actually wanted to use this electronics to make a mini Ugly Stick, but I found it very laborious to make those cuts on the lego in hand. I wanted to make an airplane easy-to-build coach. That's why I thought Blu Bbby
depending on your flying skills and what you are aiming to do with the plane, maybe you should have a look at the "trottel"
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hine-free-plan

that motor would be ideal for it
Nov 02, 2018, 10:45 PM
Quote:
depending on your flying skills and what you are aiming to do with the plane, maybe you should have a look at the "trottel"
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hine-free-plan

that motor would be ideal for it
I'm a beginner, I do not think I'll be able to fly the aero that you mentioned.
Nov 03, 2018, 06:08 AM
looking up, down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by samucaroli
I'm a beginner, I do not think I'll be able to fly the aero that you mentioned.
the baby is a much safer bet

although in truth, the kf2 airfoil is simpler than bending an undercamber
Nov 03, 2018, 10:37 AM
is electronics would not look better on 24 instead of 33 ...?

Turnigy A2204 14T
Micro Servos 9g
Esc 15a
Lipo 2s 1000mah (67g)
Nov 03, 2018, 10:55 AM
is electronics would not look better on 24 instead of 33 ...?

Motor Turnigy A2204 14T 19g
2x Micro Servos 18g
Esc 15A HobbyKing Speedo Control 15g
Lipo 2S 1000 Zippy Compact 1000mah 67g
Receptor Turnigy 5CH 6,5g

Total 125,5g
Nov 03, 2018, 02:24 PM
With that motor:
2 x 4.3g or 5 g servo [8.6 to 10 g]
2S 800mah [15 min flight times]
10A ESC
3 ch receiver
33" WS

I've built and flown 20+ 33" and 40" WS Versions

Jerry
Nov 03, 2018, 07:50 PM

My Blu-Baby 24 maiden

Hi all
This morning maiden my 24" Blu-Baby

Turnigy D1306 4000kv
2S 750ma lipo
2x 5g servos
Emax blheli 12a ESC
2 ch receiver mini
AUW 165 grams ( ready to fly )

I built it without the Monobloc just with sides and formers. not sure how it is supposed to perform but it flies nice and steady quite slow on about half throttle but given full throttle and pointed up just goes ballistic. I don't think it is designed to do that as I did a loop and coming out the wings clapped the tips together. The only thing that could of saved it would have been full reverse thrust. When I walked over to pick it up the wings were ok and the prop was ok so just checked movements straightened the wing and kept flying, but of course the wings folded again when going to fast. So will give it a carbon spare to fix the clapping wings. May give it some ailerons, as I just love the way it flies but hate the dutch roll no good for low flying.
Tony
Nov 04, 2018, 12:21 AM
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMBOLOGIST
Hi all
This morning maiden my 24" Blu-Baby

Turnigy D1306 4000kv
2S 750ma lipo
2x 5g servos
Emax blheli 12a ESC
2 ch receiver mini
AUW 165 grams ( ready to fly )

I built it without the Monobloc just with sides and formers. not sure how it is supposed to perform but it flies nice and steady quite slow on about half throttle but given full throttle and pointed up just goes ballistic. I don't think it is designed to do that as I did a loop and coming out the wings clapped the tips together. The only thing that could of saved it would have been full reverse thrust. When I walked over to pick it up the wings were ok and the prop was ok so just checked movements straightened the wing and kept flying, but of course the wings folded again when going to fast. So will give it a carbon spare to fix the clapping wings. May give it some ailerons, as I just love the way it flies but hate the dutch roll no good for low flying.
Tony
If the wing has the clap you'll need to burn that wing and build a new wing! Full reverse thrust wouldn't have helped either
Nov 08, 2018, 08:56 AM
Build, crash...repeat

Ballistic

Tony
You mentioned your plane “went ballistic” when pointed up. Do you mean the nose pitched up severely and sort of out of control? Or something different? Many planes do that when throttle is increased, and fly better and stop doing that if some downthrust angle is given to the motor.
Bob
Nov 08, 2018, 09:36 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Ballistic - adjective - denoting or relating to the flight of projectiles.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project

Quick Reply