Jun 11, 2018, 08:44 PM
Those donated Txs need to be setup on a computer i.e. servo reversal.

However, under the label, about where it says Computer Programmable, there are slots in the moulding which will take small slide reversal switches and it is the same front cover as fitted to the 4 way Tx, the one without the toggle switches at the top.

I cut my front panel label (carefully) and fitted servo reversing switches so it is not necessary to computer programme the Tx. This is required when flying different models on the field and without a computer handy.

Model memory - the models carry the "memory" not the Tx. On each model bound to that Tx is a 3 digit number relating to the switch positions i.e. 101 meaning first up, second down, third up.

Yes, good cheap Txs that should do the job well. I'd personally recommend them for the job you have.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2018, 08:51 PM
Switches

As you are in Australia (Ooops noted wrong person - sorry Ken !!!!) I'd suggest going to Jaycar. Take the back off one of the Txs (take the screws out at least) and check which of the suggested switches fits best.

Cost, up to $1.50 each.
https://www.jaycar.com.au/components...switches/c/2CE

Slide switches from Jaycar that might fit -
SS0821
SS0823
SS0852
Last edited by Mac50L; Jun 11, 2018 at 09:00 PM.
Jun 11, 2018, 10:33 PM
fix-n-fly
Hello - I just noticed this thread and the popularity of it. Looks like a neat plane. Is there a way I can get the plans (possibly for a BB42) along with assembly instructions without reading 1394 pages of posts? Any assistance is appreciated.
Jun 11, 2018, 11:13 PM
looking up, down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-n-fly
Hello - I just noticed this thread and the popularity of it. Looks like a neat plane. Is there a way I can get the plans (possibly for a BB42) along with assembly instructions without reading 1394 pages of posts? Any assistance is appreciated.
first post in the thread - they're all listed at the end of it
Jun 12, 2018, 07:36 AM
Jack
What scruffy1 says, going to post #1 and clicking on the Show All Attachments thread tool will get you many pages of attachment to browse and amongst those will be many of the plans drawings and plan views.

Another place to look for them is in this "Planes and Plans" thread:

** Tony65x55 ** planes and plans. - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?997484

Tony65x55 is the guy that got this KF thing going and built the Blu Baby...

Jack
Jun 16, 2018, 02:00 PM
Well, I know how to draw plans with OpenOffice and convert the file to a PDF. But how is it working to create the A4 tiles, and how is it working to glue the tiles together?
The two circles with the crosses in them should match, right?

Should I use other software instead of OpenOffice?
Jun 16, 2018, 03:00 PM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Well, I know how to draw plans with OpenOffice and convert the file to a PDF. But how is it working to create the A4 tiles, and how is it working to glue the tiles together?
The two circles with the crosses in them should match, right?

Some years back I made a donation to a charity and get a Java application called Scale_And_Tile that will let you open a drawing from an image or a *.pdf file and scale it up and down and then print it to A4, letter sized, or other paper. Then I overlap the print outs and cut the templates out to cut the foam parts.

But I'm not sure if it is still available and how you can get it.

So I send an email to the person I got Scale And Tile from and asked him to answer the question here as to how you can get that program if you want it.

This is the person that I made the donation to:

segraves's blog - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=132593

As an example of what I do with Scale and Tile, I have attached two *.pdf files that were generated with it, one is a a full sized drawing of the Divinity 42 flying wing and the second is that drawing tiled to 28 letter sized pages for printing on my home printer (not all 28 pages need to be printed, only 21 pages or so).

Jack
Jun 16, 2018, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Since Larry Elison of Oracle bought OpenOffice, development has slowed or stalled (check on that) and so it was said, a lot of the staff left and set up LibreOffice. If you opened them both it was hard to tell the difference. however LibreOffice has had the development ongoing and that' what I've used for nearly a decade.

https://www.howtogeek.com/187663/ope...hould-you-use/

"In 2011, Sun Microsystems was acquired by Oracle. They renamed the proprietary StarOffice office suite to “Oracle Open Office,” as if they wanted to cause confusion, and then discontinued it. Most outside volunteers — including the contributors to Go-oo, who contributed a set of enhancements used by many Linux distributions — left the project and formed LibreOffice. LibreOffice was a fork of OpenOffice.org and is built on the original OpenOffice.org code base. Most Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, switched their bundled office suite from OpenOffice.org to LibreOffice."
Jun 16, 2018, 07:48 PM
Jack
I talked to Bill Segraves (not Seagraves as I have been spelling it) on the phone, if you go to his blog page and use the email address there he will send you the software, the donation for it is optional and you can work the details out with him by email.

Make sure you tell him what operating system (Linux, Mac, Windows) and version of it you are using...

I am using it under Linux, I just put the *.jar file in a working folder along with a *.pdf or image file and run the *.jar file and the interface pops right up under Mint Linux 18.3 64-bit.

Jack
Last edited by jackerbes; Jul 13, 2018 at 06:25 PM.
Jun 17, 2018, 07:04 AM
treefinder
Plus 1 for Scale and Tile. Bill did us all a great service when he built that program. It is still my fave go to to make tiled Pdfs for posting.

I design my planes in Sketchup, print to cutepdf open in S&T and get formatting down to minimum number of pages.
Jun 18, 2018, 08:42 AM
Thanks a lot guys for all the information!

That helps a lot for making plans! I have to go thru all the informations.

While searching for a solution I have found some diffrent softwares for printing posters. These softwares are tiling bigger files to A4 or Letter with gluing dots on it. Maybe this is a solution too.
Something like this software:
https://portable-xxl-poster-printer.de.softonic.com/
Jun 26, 2018, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
I talked to Bill Segraves on the phone, if you go to his blog page and use the email address there he will send you the software, the donation for it is optional and you can work the details out with him by email.

Make sure you tell him what operating system (Linux, Mac, Windows) and version of it you are using...

I am using it under Linux, I just put the *.jar file in a working folder along with a *.pdf or image file and run the *.jar file and the interface pops right up under Mint Linux 18.3 64-bit.

Jack
Thanks for the recommendation, Jack.
Note to All:
1. ScaleAndTile3 also works with MacOS and Windows.
2. Unlike some printer-driver based programs that embed a copy of the input file in every PDF page, ScaleAndTile embeds only one instance of the input image/PDF in the output PDF, thereby greatly reducing the output file size.
3. ScaleAndTile3 preserves vector images contained in the input PDF, eliminating the need to convert to a raster image format prior to scaling and tiling.
4. ScaleAndTile3 is not the only application that uses the iText Java Library. RCGers are urged to use any of the similar programs, if they wish to enjoy the benefits of employing the iText Java Library.
Cheers,
Bill Segraves
Developer of ScaleAndTile
Last edited by segraves; Jun 26, 2018 at 05:43 PM.
Jun 26, 2018, 07:33 PM
Jack
Hi Bill,

And thanks again for Scale and Tile!

It is a wonderful asset for us scratchbilt foamie addicts!

Jack
Jun 27, 2018, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Hi Bill,

And thanks again for Scale and Tile!

It is a wonderful asset for us scratchbilt foamie addicts!

Jack
Jack, I appreciated your advice in our recent telephone conversation.
I’m going to try to find a way to distribute the programs in a zip file bundle, for free, without requirements for a donation. I think I already have the appropriate files, in zipped bundles. I just need to review records to see if they are already done.
Stay tuned, my friend.
Have a happy and safe Independence Day.
Thanks and blessings,
Bill
Last edited by segraves; Jul 04, 2018 at 06:43 PM.
Aug 04, 2018, 10:14 AM

Rebuilt BB

I rebuilt my fuselage, used the same kfm wing. I made the monobloc from 3 pieces of 1/2" foam from Hobby Lobby. All up weight is 350 gm. CG is at 2.75" from wing LE. Power is Turnigy A2212/13T 1000kv w/ 9x4.7 sf prop, Turnigy 1300mAh 2S 20C Lipo Pack.

It won't climb out, just goes to ground about 50' away, even at full throttle. It goes straight but...

Suggestions? Too much down thrust? CG too far forward?

Thanks for all your help so far. I'm about to give up on my scratch building and go buy a Hobbyzone Sport Cub S RTF. Its 4 channel. $130 at Amazon.

Quick Reply