May 07, 2007, 12:49 AM
AMA 8614

Bb Cg

Hi Tony... Where isthe CG located on the BG? Just about have it finished. Thanks Bob
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2007, 01:21 AM
FirstShirt,

Nice pics... Did you use layered EPP for the mono block part as well as the outer layers? Looked like 6 layers from the bottom. What sheet thickness did you use?

Scott
May 07, 2007, 02:38 AM
Tony
Thanks for the info. I have 2" pink foam so I will have room for servo inside fuselage on KF wing. Will fill the undercamber so the cutoff top of fuselage will work with both wings. I'm learning how much basswood is used popsicle sticks, tongue depressers and I think closepins. 5 popsicle sticks CA'd together make a basswood motor stick. GPW would be proud of me. Happy Landings

Ken
May 07, 2007, 06:39 AM
You deserve my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Crownover
FirstShirt,

Nice pics... Did you use layered EPP for the mono block part as well as the outer layers? Looked like 6 layers from the bottom. What sheet thickness did you use?

Scott
Scott, the monobloc is make of 4 layers of 9mm EPP (on this second plane I used five). The fuse "walls" are 6mm EPP--top, bottom and sides. I'm not recommending this. I just like a wider fuse. It does slow things down and complicates the building process. -Pat
Last edited by FirstShirt; May 07, 2007 at 06:44 AM.
May 07, 2007, 06:40 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamenator
Hi Tony... Where isthe CG located on the BG? Just about have it finished. Thanks Bob
2.6" back from the LE at the root.

Tony
May 07, 2007, 06:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Crownover
FirstShirt,

Scott

Scott, you build the monobloc from 1" foam and if you don't have any, you can use four pieces of fanfold laminated together. The two sides laminate on to the monobloc.

Tony
May 07, 2007, 06:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubee 1
Tony
Thanks for the info. I have 2" pink foam so I will have room for servo inside fuselage on KF wing. Will fill the undercamber so the cutoff top of fuselage will work with both wings. I'm learning how much basswood is used popsicle sticks, tongue depressers and I think closepins. 5 popsicle sticks CA'd together make a basswood motor stick. GPW would be proud of me. Happy Landings

Ken
Ken, you can use a 2" wide monobloc but you will need these three pieces. as well, you might want a bigger motor than an IPS as the drag will be higher. There is room for the servos on a one inch monobloc build.

Tony
May 07, 2007, 06:56 AM
Tony Your to much ! I plan on using one of my 24 gram blue wonders and a 68 gram 800 Mah 3s so do I need to cut the block out more in the rear ? Thanks

Ken
May 07, 2007, 07:07 AM
Thread OP
I dunno Ken. I would build the monobloc first and then fit the battery to it. The Blue Wonder in pretty light so you might want to mount the battery to the front of the battery bay. The Blue Wonder should really haul this plane around. LOTS of power.

Tony
May 07, 2007, 07:16 AM
Rereading... Yes there might be enough room for the servos in the 1 " block but not for my fat fingers. I also want removeable tail, wing & landing gear so I can take it to Fla. maybe in a gun case. Got a sister down there with big pasture with no trees for miles.

Ken
May 07, 2007, 07:51 AM
John 3:16
Can you post a one page 'parts' pdf?
Daddy-O
May 07, 2007, 08:51 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Nice no-brainer, er, trainer.
I love flying something like this to relax. Gonna try the 40" version first. Thanks for the plans.

Rick
www.commonsenserc.com
May 07, 2007, 02:14 PM
Tony:

Very nice article. Thanks for your work. I have a friend who wants to start flying and this looks just right. (Plus I will build one for my back field)!

I've been building for a while but I have not run into your method of wing construction before. Please will you give me a few more details on the wing.

Thanks,

Geff
May 07, 2007, 04:32 PM
KZ RIDER
So your saying if you build the 31in version that a sp280 DD with a 5x3 prop running on 2 lipo's would be enough to power it?
That would be with a 4gram micro esc, a 5gram micro rec, and 2-7gram servos.
Would this plane be slow enough to fly in a 50ft x 80ft indoor building with 20ft ceilings?
I'm with the others, I think a pictorial step by step build would be great.
Ray
May 07, 2007, 07:54 PM
I have looked at the plans an want to build this to teach a friend, but I'm getting lost in in the Acronyms.
What is "KFm Strip" on the plans?
What is a "KF Wing" as talked about in post #29?

P.S. Tony I'm finishing up the SE5a, you did a great job on the plans. You made it a fun fast build.

Thanks, Chad

Quick Reply