Rinspeed Splash
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2007, 06:05 PM
Suspended Account
I'll take one.
May 02, 2007, 10:56 PM
Midshipman Under Guidance

Omfg

Could you imagine building one of those rc and fully functional on both the road and water...oooand even get a music player in it ...full grain leather seating...dual cup holder...lol

....I want one... :-P
May 03, 2007, 12:20 AM
Wonder what type of drive it uses ?
You can see a little hatch open at the back , don't think they'd just bolt a Merc outboard on.

Jim
May 03, 2007, 01:01 AM
Grumpa Tom
Look at the website for more pictures. It has a drop down outdrive.
May 03, 2007, 01:19 AM

Video Link

I searched for this awesome looking vehicle...

Rinspeed "Splash" crossing English Channel - Autoblog (2 min 48 sec)

The cool thing is that its a swiss car...or thats what I gather from the site. Thing that suck is that this car is only good to use over in europe where natural gas is becomming more popular for fuel...damn thing is that by the time we in the U.S. can use that kind of stuff...europeans will be going back and forth to space in their cars!
May 03, 2007, 01:38 AM
Natural gas has been used in vehicles in the USA for decades in comercial fleets. It is now available in the USA for consumers.

Steve
May 03, 2007, 01:49 AM
LOL...forgive me for I have been in college for too long...I never owned a vehicle of my own...and the only vehicles I have ever been in or driven use common gasoline...People complain about gas prices way too much though I am glad to not have to do it myself...On a different subject I was just hunting online for a new rc vehicle I stumbled upon he video for while looking for more youtube videos about this car in the mentioned thread...I wouldn't mind getting one of these little vehicles mostly because its mobile...and can go in both land and water...RC Hariot Amphibious Vehicle...I see this and i can't help but picture it rescuing distressed boats...lol

Remote Control Amphibious Vehicle (1 min 7 sec)
May 03, 2007, 02:06 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Ahhh, no more new projects...
May 03, 2007, 07:04 AM
It'll carry just 4 beer cans? Not even a full 'six-pack'?
- 'Doc

(Silly objection? Not really. I'd love to have one, and that was the only excuse I could think of NOT to get one.)

...I made a mistake, I looked at the price...@#$
Last edited by LtDoc; May 03, 2007 at 07:11 AM.
May 03, 2007, 07:35 AM
I guess the Americas Cup win really went to their heads!

http://www.americascup.com/en/
May 03, 2007, 11:45 AM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki
Ahhh, no more new projects...
ROFLMBO!!!!