dang celebrities will snort anything...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2007, 09:55 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
Too funny
Dec 18, 2007, 10:08 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
Thread OP
lol. Ya, it was I who turned down my mic this time and forgot to put it back..
Dec 20, 2007, 11:34 AM
V=IR

How about Pictures...

Hey Podcast dudes, how about posting some pictures of the aircraft you talk about and yourselves? Might as well use the forum to add a little something to the podcast! Great shows, btw and keep them coming!

Matt
Dec 20, 2007, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarge
Hey Podcast dudes, how about posting some pictures of the aircraft you talk about and yourselves? Might as well use the forum to add a little something to the podcast! Great shows, btw and keep them coming!

Matt
As for the review planes, you can find the reviews here.
Dec 20, 2007, 01:15 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Dunno if any of you would be interested, but Walmart has a great deal on storm launchers. These do NOT include the Lipo, but I have read you can do some cutting and soldering to add your own lipos. I think the 2S 800's that are used in the CX2, llama, HB FP and the like will work fine. But they are all of $15.00 and $0.97 shipping!!
Thread is here with the link to the deal.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787864

Diggs
Dec 20, 2007, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarge

Matt
Great idea!! I know we have posted images in this thread before, here is a link to my latest additions to the growing hanger.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=743

While looking through the images in this thread, I think I saw a few images from JPC and Burke also. I need to work on my Blog. It hasn't been updated since I joined

Diggs
Dec 20, 2007, 02:53 PM
Hey guys, I got another review lined up! It is a brushless setup for the SlowStick. It is the DM2215 motor, and 20A ESC from MotrolFlyUSA.com
Last edited by edge5foamy; Dec 20, 2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: DM, not BM
Dec 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
V=IR
Yes well, I hear much about the "King", the "CP" and "my Slow Stick X". It would be fun to put the aircraft and faces together. Just a thought.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
As for the review planes, you can find the reviews here.
Dec 20, 2007, 03:47 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
Thread OP
O, I understand. Yes, it needs to be done.

New site is being worked on.
Thanks for the input.
Dec 21, 2007, 03:25 AM
Helis Fall With Grace & Style
WOW WOW WOW. Diggs, this Venom Mustang Park Fighter is Swwwweeeet! I gotta admit man I ripped open the box today when they all came in and I am thouroughly impressed with the quality of this kit. Dude this thing could be ready to fly in 2 hours, prob. more for me cause I am a perfectionist. It is literally ready to go with everything installed and ready to rock. I will be starting a review and Build Log of this. I should have it up on the site by tomorrow or Saturday with all the pics. I took a lot. I cannot wait to fly this bad boy. It is very very nice. Man I may end up Keeping 2 or 3 of these just to have! Hell they are cheap enough it would almost be a good airplane to let a buddy try out, maybe Though I wonder how difficult it will be to fly? I have only flown one plane, the aero something with the V-Tail about 2-3 years ago. besides the sim that is the only Rc Plane I have flown. I can fly them pretty damn well on the sim so we'll see if it translates into real flying. I can fly helis decently without crashing so hopefully this won't be too bad.

I think one of the biggest things will be it gets away from you faster, and you can't land in a 2x2 square. heli pilots are spoiled in that respect. Landing is easy cheezy in a heli. Prob, not so much in an airplane. When flying the R-22 down at the airport and watching the Planes taxi and do their patterns and all that Jazz, and then we cruise right on by, I know they are jealous. Just pick up from the Hangar, call Tower and off we go. No taxiing BS for us. Tower just says " Cleared, proceed with Caution" and we are off. Man Helis are sweet! But now I am about to delve into the Plane world, I think I am good on an SS though. My FP is my SS , actually the Coaxial is an SS that you can fly in your living room . I'll keep you all posted and post the link on RCG to the review, and your help Diggs would be greatly appreciated Any input, info you can contribute once you get yours would be awesome! It sure looks like a winner.

Keep up the good work guys. Jamie it won't hurt my feelings if you say thank you to our sponsor at the end Once I get some more cashola guys you better believe I'll send some stuff your way for reviews, well maybe better leave that up to Chris for the Heli's, unless Diggs ever decides to get rid of some of his "Plane Collection" and get into the Heli realm again. What did you say like 40 planes! Geez dude, Come on Diggs aheli or two in there wouldn't hurt! Jamie is getting there right? LOL guys.

Kyle
Dec 21, 2007, 09:03 AM
Nice, glad to hear these are a good quality. I will pick one up from you today!! So set one aside for me please. Should buy it today, about to go Xmas shopping and I hope I have some spare $$ left

I haven't done an inventory lately, but I think I would be embarrased by the amount of gear I would find. And I just bought another Mini Mag and a Formosa. Going to hang the JGF 500TH I have on the Formosa and make it a little foam rocket like Vinnie did.
Formosa and prototype JustGoFly 500T Brushless Motor (2 min 12 sec)

And the Mini Mag is going to be my first 4 channel night flyer... The Mag Lite? but yes, you are probably close to correct with the 40 guess, but I would have to say it is closer to 50 maybe That doesn't include the 7 of more Helis that I do have in the hangar. I have a couple of CX2s, A pair of the Freestyle FP helis and a Dragonus and like 3 Blade CP/CPPs that are just sitting at the moment. I will revist them at some point, but loving the plankers for now.

Looks like I am about to have a speedy little mustang to add to the armada!

Diggs
Dec 21, 2007, 01:07 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
Thread OP
Quote:
A pair of the Freestyle FP helis
What a punk..

This mustang sounds good. Let me see!
Dec 21, 2007, 02:31 PM
http://venom-store.com/items.asp?CartId={49D94DBC-0211-4CDC-A128-D55C0BC1EVEREST5BA4}&Cc=PLANE%5FARF&iTpStatus=0&Tp =&Bc=

Kyle bought like 4. I am getting one from him.

Diggs

Ugh, here is a link
Venom Mustang and Zero
Last edited by Diggs; Dec 21, 2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: linkage
Dec 21, 2007, 02:47 PM
I just checked out the video on the site for these and they certainly look fast. However, I bet they are a bear to land They look tippy at low speed and I bet they have to be landed hot... But that is just a guess. They also are typical warbirds in flight. You can see the altitude drop on a roll, and the roll rate seems a bit pokey. Still, they appear to be speedy and cheap! So I will wait and try it out before I make a final judgment.

Diggs

Quick Reply