Apr 29, 2007, 09:20 AM
ARF Hater Club
Thread OP
Discussion

1/7 Spitfire Mk.IX Prop and Spinner

Hey all.
I'm almost done the construction of my TopFlite Spitfire (since November!) and am going to be needing a prop and spinner for it soon. I am going with this motor, with test data here. I will be using an 8s setup with the Phoenix 85HV esc, and am hoping for an auw of 10lbs or less.
So far I have been thinking of using a 4-blade Vario prop; 12C hub and scale looking blades. Will this work? The hub and motor shaft are both 8mm. What size blades should I go with?
Also, what spinner can I use? I would need one that is 3.5" diameter to match the cowl. I've thought about somehow making my own, but that is going to be difficult getting it true and balanced.
I want alot of power behind this warbird just incase I need it... Would 1500w be ok?
This is my first large electric conversion, so all help is appreciated.
Here is a link to the slow build thread. Since the update I've sheeted the top wing and hinged the flaps and ailerons. Almost ready for finishing.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2007, 05:42 PM
ARF Hater Club
Thread OP
Anyone? It wouldn't be right to bolt a 2 blade APC to a plane like this!

Quick Reply