Thread Tools
Apr 30, 2007, 02:18 AM
Registered User
oh_my_god's Avatar
my mini titan sucks...the tracking is off whatever I have done to fix it...

everything is going against me...

- didnt have car today
- mini titan couldn't fly because of off tracking
- crashed trex yesterday
- havent finished homework due tomorrow
....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2007, 02:22 AM
Suspended Account
brovic777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_my_god
my mini titan sucks...the tracking is off whatever I have done to fix it...

everything is going against me...

- didnt have car today
- mini titan couldn't fly because of off tracking
- crashed trex yesterday
- havent finished homework due tomorrow
....
Hang in there Long..

Just get one of Scotts new RC-Tek Diablo heads and tail for your Mini-Titan, then you'll be able to fly like Jason!!!

Ohh, and get a 4s battery and your all set!!!
Last edited by brovic777; Apr 30, 2007 at 02:29 AM.
Apr 30, 2007, 02:33 AM
Registered User
EddieNewYork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_my_god
my mini titan sucks...the tracking is off whatever I have done to fix it...

everything is going against me...

- didnt have car today
- mini titan couldn't fly because of off tracking
- crashed trex yesterday
- havent finished homework due tomorrow
....
Long, did it suck from the start or after a crash?
Apr 30, 2007, 02:38 AM
Suspended Account
brovic777's Avatar
Eddie, you bringing your Swift to the funfly?
Apr 30, 2007, 02:40 AM
Registered User
oh_my_god's Avatar
after a crash, Eddie!

Actually, Im trying to use Align blades on my mini Titan but the gap of titan's blade grips is 6mm which 1mm larger than the thick of Align baldes. I have to use the washers but that way seems to be not good at this time. Maybe I should modify something to get it done. I saw someone use 5mm thick blades on Titan successfully...
Last edited by oh_my_god; Apr 30, 2007 at 02:51 AM.
Apr 30, 2007, 02:42 AM
Registered User
oh_my_god's Avatar
My mini Titan setup:

- CC Phoenix 35A
- Hyperion HP2220-04
- 13T
- 3 x JR DS285
- 1 x Futaba s9650
- Logictech 2100T
- Filght Power 25C packs
Apr 30, 2007, 03:02 AM
Suspended Account
brovic777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_my_god
My mini Titan setup:

- CC Phoenix 35A
- Hyperion HP2220-04
- 13T
- 3 x JR DS285
- 1 x Futaba s9650
- Logictech 2100T
- Filght Power 25C packs
Long, whatz your Trex setup?

Here's my Trex 450se setup.
- Hacker A20-6XL Motor
- Hacker X-30 Pro Esc
- 17t Robinson Racing Pinion
- Dimension Engineering SportBec
- 3 x Hitec HS-65mg Servo's
- Futaba GY401 Gyro
- HDS-577 Digital Tail Servo
- DN Power 2150 20c 3s packs
- Spektrum AR7000 Reciever
- HDX Precision V3 CNC Head and Tail

Here's my MX400 setup:
- Aurora 400DH Motor
- Otter BS25A Esc
- 8t Pinion
- 3 x Waypoint W-092MB Metal Gear Servo's
- Logictech LTG-2100T Gyro
- Futaba s3154 Digital Tail Servo
- DN Power 1350 20c 3s packs
- Spektrum AR6100 Reciever

Last edited by brovic777; Apr 30, 2007 at 03:26 AM.
Apr 30, 2007, 09:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by brovic777
Long, whatz your Trex setup?

Here's my Trex 450se setup.
- Hacker A20-6XL Motor
- Hacker X-30 Pro Esc
- 17t Robinson Racing Pinion
- Dimension Engineering SportBec
- 3 x Hitec HS-65mg Servo's
- Futaba GY401 Gyro
- HDS-577 Digital Tail Servo
- DN Power 2150 20c 3s packs
- Spektrum AR7000 Reciever
- HDX Precision V3 CNC Head and Tail

Here's my MX400 setup:
- Aurora 400DH Motor
- Otter BS25A Esc
- 8t Pinion
- 3 x Waypoint W-092MB Metal Gear Servo's
- Logictech LTG-2100T Gyro
- Futaba s3154 Digital Tail Servo
- DN Power 1350 20c 3s packs
- Spektrum AR6100 Reciever


I'm still not understanding why the MX400 flies on a 1350 battery? Its pretty much the same size as a Trex 450 isn't it? When ya getting her in the air vic?
Apr 30, 2007, 09:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNewYork
LOL, hey I heard you bought a huey fuse?
yes, Tommies sold me on give away price . i am working of it now, hope it will maiden this weekend, areally cut my hand with x-factor knife .

i want to able to do some roll / loop with it, but seem like flybar going to kill the fuselarger, i am thinking of buying over slung diablo flybar system to keep it free from the fuselarger. too bad, i just bought new se v2 head instead, hobbies shop would not me return even i never open it. , may be you could take it off my hand on give away price .

Quote:
after a crash, Eddie!

Actually, Im trying to use Align blades on my mini Titan but the gap of titan's blade grips is 6mm which 1mm larger than the thick of Align baldes. I have to use the washers but that way seems to be not good at this time. Maybe I should modify something to get it done. I saw someone use 5mm thick blades on Titan successfully...
bring it to suzuki field this weekend, Carsey he got 2 MT, may be he could solve problem for you.
about main grip washer , i have it for you, it is from my old microheli grips , they about same thick to MT, using 2 CNC washer to hold align blades.


MX 400 about trex 450 size (first version) or shogun.. it got shorter boom and belt than trex xl/se/ gear ratio aslo different. . but you are right, 1300mah lipo, kinda of low on juice for any 400/450 size heli now a day.
Last edited by lowflyer101; Apr 30, 2007 at 10:02 AM.
Apr 30, 2007, 10:11 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Ah Clem's Avatar
Eddie,

The tracking on my Mini-Titan was fine, to begin with then, after about 30 flights, it would not stay in track.

I examined it, and found that the hole where the main rotor shaft entered the block was work egg-shaped. This allows the head to rock back and forth.

I epoxied the head block to the shaft (aligning it very carefully). End of tracking problem.

Also (from a variety of people/forums) regarding Mini-Titan tracking issues:

Glue the bearings into the mixing arms on the see-saw and the washout control arms.

Some are cutting 3-5mm off of the blade grip arms (I have not done this).

Never store the machine with the ball links connected to the blade grip arms (pop the off before folding the blades back-we used to do this back in the 1980's with the .60 sized ships). Some are reporting that the blade grip arms are deforming when stored with the links on.

Replace the stock, non-bushed Mini-Titan washout base with the old gray/silver plastic version from the early TREX's. The metal TREX washout control bases and the later black plastic TREX versions will not fit, due to the distance between the rotation pins coming down from the head block of the Mini-Titan, and the fact that the gray/silver TREX washout base has slots for the pins, while the other versions have closely spaced holes.


I am running the Align blades also, and find that they work fine, with the spacer washers).
Apr 30, 2007, 10:53 AM
Registered User
oh_my_god's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer101
bring it to suzuki field this weekend, Carsey he got 2 MT, may be he could solve problem for you.
about main grip washer , i have it for you, it is from my old microheli grips , they about same thick to MT, using 2 CNC washer to hold align blades.
I will definitely be there this weekend because its gonna be the 4th SCHC Funfly...why not????

Thank you first for your spacer washers, I really need them...

I did get some washers from OSH yesterday but they were so thick, about 1.5mm and and I had to make them thinner but the result I received was off tracking.

I'm still waiting for the MN Titan upgrades coming out and I will have the official stock spacers for the grips...
Apr 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
Registered User
EddieNewYork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brovic777
Eddie, you bringing your Swift to the funfly?
I don't know... all I have is 4 2150 packs that I could rig up for it so that means a lot of charging if I also want to fly the trex. Plus since I know my generator will be full of chargers I won't be able to charge my packs too quickly, so I'm thinking the Swift will sit this one out again.
Apr 30, 2007, 01:55 PM
Registered User
EddieNewYork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer101
yes, Tommies sold me on give away price . i am working of it now, hope it will maiden this weekend, areally cut my hand with x-factor knife .

i want to able to do some roll / loop with it, but seem like flybar going to kill the fuselarger, i am thinking of buying over slung diablo flybar system to keep it free from the fuselarger. too bad, i just bought new se v2 head instead, hobbies shop would not me return even i never open it. , may be you could take it off my hand on give away price .
Brent has the same problem with his flybar. The overslung one should do the trick. I don't think I'll be upgrading my rex, but pm me anyways.
Apr 30, 2007, 01:55 PM
Conformity Kill's
do we need a bigger generator?

GW
Apr 30, 2007, 01:55 PM
Registered User
EddieNewYork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem
Eddie,

The tracking on my Mini-Titan was fine, to begin with then, after about 30 flights, it would not stay in track.

I examined it, and found that the hole where the main rotor shaft entered the block was work egg-shaped. This allows the head to rock back and forth.

I epoxied the head block to the shaft (aligning it very carefully). End of tracking problem.

Also (from a variety of people/forums) regarding Mini-Titan tracking issues:

Glue the bearings into the mixing arms on the see-saw and the washout control arms.

Some are cutting 3-5mm off of the blade grip arms (I have not done this).

Never store the machine with the ball links connected to the blade grip arms (pop the off before folding the blades back-we used to do this back in the 1980's with the .60 sized ships). Some are reporting that the blade grip arms are deforming when stored with the links on.

Replace the stock, non-bushed Mini-Titan washout base with the old gray/silver plastic version from the early TREX's. The metal TREX washout control bases and the later black plastic TREX versions will not fit, due to the distance between the rotation pins coming down from the head block of the Mini-Titan, and the fact that the gray/silver TREX washout base has slots for the pins, while the other versions have closely spaced holes.


I am running the Align blades also, and find that they work fine, with the spacer washers).
That seems like an awful lot of work. Hope the aluminum parts come out for it soon.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New Mini FuntanaX from e-flite (official build thread/ flying thread!!) p51flyer 3D Flying 1744 May 02, 2018 10:17 AM
DC-9 Airliner for EDF-50BH - Official Build Thread Hawker Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 77 May 29, 2007 09:54 PM