Sep 07, 2009, 03:00 PM
et comment mètre des photos
merci
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2009, 03:23 PM
e-powered foam
bonjour fab21 et bienvenue sur rcgroups

ce forum est principalement en anglais et tu n'obtiendras pas beaucoup de réponses en français ici

En ce qui concerne les photos, scrolle sous la plage de texte et clique sur "manage attachements" ensuite Upload....

I believe participating to foreign language forums can be very helpfull to practice

even your french could need some hhhmmm, lets say trim

rawy
Sep 14, 2009, 03:09 PM

puddle twin version france

voila quelque photos
Je suis de Région Bourgogne en France
Trés bon avion et je veux le contruit plus grand
Je peu détailler ca construction
Sep 14, 2009, 03:26 PM
excuse me....?

Gert
Sep 14, 2009, 03:29 PM
Diver-driver
Thread OP
Fab21 very nice Puddle i really like the amphibious aspect of it! Sorry i don`t speak french so i have to tell you in english
Sep 14, 2009, 03:30 PM
Flyin brick
Great looking plane Fab, how does it steer on water with its undercarriage? Your photos are definitely welcome!
If you want to make it bigger you could simply take the original PDF file and bring it to local imprimerie and ask the guy to scale it up to the size you'd like, usually the do it for no charge.
Or alternatively you could do it yourself and print it on A4 sheets and glue them together but believe me it's not worth the hassle. I pay around ˆ5 for a A0 plans
Bon courage!
Sep 15, 2009, 12:42 PM
le train ce demonte évidemment.
C'est un simple tricycle en aluminum maintenu par du scotch et la roue avant est actionnée par une corde a piano pris sur le servos de direction et qui se démonte facilement.
Sep 15, 2009, 12:46 PM
oui pour l'anglais l'ordinateur le traduit et vous pour le francais!!
Sep 15, 2009, 02:07 PM
voila train atterrissage
puddle twin Xl fait combien envergure.
Et quel moteur brusless et lipo.
merci
Sep 21, 2009, 06:06 AM

update on the building of my puddle twin

Hi,

There is little time to build but once in a while i do have some time left.
I have to mount the rudders and adjust the floaters and it is time for the maiden. i can't wait
Sep 21, 2009, 10:51 AM
Diver-driver
Thread OP
very nice Puddle Dexter

Are the strut lengths on your tip-floats still adjustable ? They might be a bit long.. when you float the plane you want only 1 float n contact with teh water and the other about 2cm out of the water... otherwise you have a lot of drag during takeoff and you migth get your floats caught on a wave
Sep 26, 2009, 04:29 AM

maiden

hi,

yesterday evening i had my maiden. it was a succes!!

i was a little nervous but everything went fine. after a bit of taxiing i gave full throttle and it started to glide. a little up and airborne. after a little trimming it flew very well. slow but very very stable. after a few minutes i aproached for landing because it was almost dark. after a succesfull landing we went home again. no problems, no damage only joy. the only thing i do not understand is why my plane is so heavy. it is 395 grams ready for flight. my battery is 65 grams, super light receiver and servo's and made the plane exactly from the plans. only extra is a small platform made out of balsa wood. i needed it to lengthen the floor inside to be able to get the center of gravity in the right place. so now my battery is completely in the nose of the plane.

can you guys tell me what are the weigths of your planes.

greetings eric

ps i will post some movies and pictures next time
Last edited by dexterslab; Sep 28, 2009 at 05:28 PM.
Sep 28, 2009, 06:09 AM

pictures second and third "flight"

hi,

as promissed some pictures. the second flight went wrong. there was some head wind and maybe that was the reason but i was not able to get it off the water into flight. so i got a little stupid and gave more up and more and more until max (????) and then it came loose on a small bump in the water and i made a backward salto. i brought no swim gear because the day before it worked perfect. so i had to get in in my ever available birthday suit. but after drying the engines it was ready again en this time less wind and it worked ok. still think it is too heavy. i have very little trust left and it is kind of heavy. when i see the movies of other puddles they look lighter and accelerate much more
Last edited by dexterslab; Sep 28, 2009 at 05:29 PM.
Sep 28, 2009, 03:39 PM
Flyin brick
Dexter, what gear do you use?
Sep 28, 2009, 05:26 PM
two 1500 kv brushless. two 8 to 10 amp esc's, 2s 1000mah lipo 20-30 C
1 5 gr servo 1 9 gr servo. very light receiver without cristal (corona) and two gws props 12.8 cmX?(very flexible, mabe that is the problem?)

Quick Reply