Oct 21, 2002, 12:52 PM
Thread OP

TM First Flight - Thank you all

I got into this hobby about a month ago with the wattage J3 - cub 180. Had problem getting that to fly and found this site while searching for help on the flying the cub. I have been coming to this site daily (don't let my boss know) just to learn more about this hobby.

I just want to say Thank you all (too many names to list, don't want to leave any names out) for your wonderful advises and suggestions without which I probably would have given up.

Well, bought myself a Tiger Moth a week ago and finally got it to fly this past week end. You guys are right about the Tiger Moth. Beside breaking the prop twice, it is so easy to fly even for someone like me who has never flow B4 especially after reading all the wonderful threads on the Tiger Moth.

Once again, thank you.

BTW, will a 9X6 prop work on the TM? What is the difference between that and the 9x7?

to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2002, 02:38 PM
If only R/C plane kits came with an E-zone internet address, hehheh.

Lots of people here have found the APC slowfly 9x6 works well. Personally I have no experience with them. One thing to keep in mind, if you save the prop by using a stronger one you may end up bending the shaft instead.

If your looking for something to save those props do a search on prop savers. There are some really great ideas on here about that, somewhere.
Oct 21, 2002, 03:39 PM
Congrats and welcome to ezone! It is an awesome plane and can take alot of abuse-I just started flying with Li ion batteries and am getting 30 minute+ flights. It won't be long till you're thinking of your next plane!

-Jon
Oct 21, 2002, 04:31 PM
"Simplify, then add lightness"
I guess the 9x6 you are talking about is an APC. The APC 9x6 slowflyer prop flys my TM just fine, but like Vonbaron said, it is stronger, and will break the gearbox or bend the shaft easier than the GWS prop. Also, the hole is to large, and needs a bushing to reduce it to fit the GWS gearbox shaft. You should really try a prop saver. I haven't broken a prop since I started using one, even when I ran full power into a chain link fence. Here is a link showing several you can build easily. I use a piece of a popsicle stick and it works great.

Jeff

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=saver

Quick Reply