LightFlite.com's RC Bug Kit Review - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 10, 2008, 03:49 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
pretty cool, I was on the LiteFlight website, but man is that page a mess! How much are the kits like the one reviewed here that doesn't included the electronics?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2008, 09:30 AM
speed will do it!

bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaSnack
pretty cool, I was on the LiteFlight website, but man is that page a mess! How much are the kits like the one reviewed here that doesn't included the electronics?

i just ordered one yesturday. i got the $59 kit, and the brushless they recommend. i have another couple 24g motors, but i wasn't sure if they will fit correctly.
Jan 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Hi Ebtide,

Are they a 'tube mount' type? If so, they should be fine.

Ronnie
Feb 26, 2008, 03:48 PM

MY New Bug

Just got mine at the WRAM show. Building it today than watch-out. Hope I can fly this. Would like to see a lesson on how to start to fly. Thanks Ron
Feb 28, 2008, 07:32 PM

Bug DX7 HELP

Anyone have a BUG and a DX7. Wanted to set up my DX7 to work with the bug and getting the aileron and elevator to work as one so its like one elevator but I don't know how to set it into the dx7. I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO ADJUST THE ELEVON MIXING TO 100 % ELEVATOR AND 0% AILERON. I don't know how to do this. Can anyone help? I was able to do it using a program 1 mix but the aileron will still work on its original lever also. I think I want the rudder and just an elevator(both elevon and aileron)working. Thanks Ron
Feb 28, 2008, 07:37 PM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ron,

There's a mix you need to 'enable' in the radio, can't think of it off the top of my head bul I'll research it and let you know. It's not 'elevons', Spektrum calls it something else.

Ronnie
Feb 28, 2008, 08:07 PM
"Each Day Is A Lesson"
Signing on.
Feb 28, 2008, 11:33 PM
gwh
gwh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnron1
Ron,

There's a mix you need to 'enable' in the radio, can't think of it off the top of my head bul I'll research it and let you know. It's not 'elevons', Spektrum calls it something else.

Ronnie

Delta, see p. 39 in the DX7 manual.
Feb 29, 2008, 03:37 PM
Johnal
kinda bummed -- requested a quote a couple days ago but haven't heard back... maybe it got overlooked?
Mar 01, 2008, 02:13 AM
How many planes is too many?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SntaCruz83
kinda bummed -- requested a quote a couple days ago but haven't heard back... maybe it got overlooked?
If you're referring to requesting a quote from Ron at lightflite.com, I've made about half a dozen purchases from Ron in almost 5 months and sometimes his spam filter treats my emails as spam. I've tried a few experiments with email titles and think that every time I've made sure that "bug" is in the title and "re:" isn't, it's got through. I'd give it a bit more time. I've eventually got onto him each time and received efficient service.
Mar 05, 2008, 04:17 AM
Johnal
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet
If you're referring to requesting a quote from Ron at lightflite.com, I've made about half a dozen purchases from Ron in almost 5 months and sometimes his spam filter treats my emails as spam. I've tried a few experiments with email titles and think that every time I've made sure that "bug" is in the title and "re:" isn't, it's got through. I'd give it a bit more time. I've eventually got onto him each time and received efficient service.
I didn't have "bug" in the subject, but i didn't have "re" either. i've sent it again and made sure to include "bug" in the subject line. Hopefully this time I'll get a response.
May 08, 2008, 02:21 AM
myp
myp
Can the Bug do knife-edge with ease?
May 09, 2008, 01:10 AM
It can't do knife edge at all really, but it can do most everything else. I think you need something with a tail for really decent knife edge. But the bug can do spins and weird things I have seen nothing else duplicate, I don't' think you will miss the knife edge too much.
May 09, 2008, 03:49 AM
How many planes is too many?
Quote:
Originally Posted by myp
Can the Bug do knife-edge with ease?
I used to think that the Bug couldn't knife edge at all, but as my flying skills have improved over the last few months I've found that I can knife edge it, but not in the traditional sense. Let me explain .....

A great knifing plane like my CST Katana stays on its side and only requires a small amount of rudder to knife all day long. This plane is very easy to knife.

The Bug tends to roll out of knife edge quite strongly as if it was a self-correcting plane, which it isn't. What this means is that you can make the Bug knife by providing aileron correction every time it tries to roll out. If you're quick enough on the controls you can get some great knife edge happening. It's certainly not as easy as the CST Katana, which is a knifing dream. The Bug can do it, but you'll have to be very quick on the sticks and won't always keep up. Therefore I wouldn't say it's easy, but it can be done if you work really hard.
May 11, 2008, 06:04 PM
Nice thread. I am going to get one of these planes. Just two things. Will a hitec lazer 4 tx work on this plane and what rx should I use. When I order this, I think I am going to get a 2 cell and a 3 cell lipo. Should I?