This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2007, 09:14 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

More Vicacopter surgery

So because the magnetic field lines are almost vertical, Vicacopter's magnetometer is prone to gimbal lock. X & Y are only nonzero for the shallowest tilt. It is impossible to get a heading if she's tilted as we saw yesterday.

Physically tilting the magnetometer so X & Y are parallel to the flux lines works, but only when Vicacopter faces North.

So with her capacitor destroyed, it was time for another overhaul of Vicacopter's brain. Got rid of the A/D reference potentiometers. Added a battery voltage lead to the final A/D converter. Installed the Xena diode for surge protection. Strapped it all down with some new tape.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2007, 06:16 PM
BeeZaur 480
Ive seen this alot on the webstart pictures but i still havnt figured out what your doing? Are you designing an autopilot gyro thing? A self flying heli? i read a few of posts but i must of missed the start cuz i cant figure it out.

WHen i was in high school i took an electronics class and we got to pick and built a project ran from a 9V battery. One kid really wanted to make a strobe light but the teacher didnt really want us messing with AC powered kits. He went ahead since the kit was so simple. The kid got it built and the teacher checked it and he plugged it in and it started blinking, then some one yelled out TURN THE LIGHTS OFF it blinks about 20 more seconds the POW! you could see his face in the flash and it didnt blink anymore, the one kid turned the lights back on and the room was filled with confetti and it smelled like peanutbutter. This was back before caps were perferated to vent insted of exploding. It was pretty loud too, i thought it was a firecracker at first.
Apr 30, 2007, 03:46 PM
Thats a funny story Bower, I too am' curious as to what Mr. Crossfire is up to, seems way over my head electronically....

Quick Reply