This thread is privately moderated by Jim T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 16, 2007, 11:49 AM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP
Discussion

Do Toledo!

What a ride it was!
The Weak Signals show is an event that allows everyone to see what is new in the industry. It also is a great chance to see all the people in the hobby that you talk to on the phone all year long. The show takes place in the Seagate Centre but it also is experienced through lunches with old friends, long talks in the lobby and crazy nights in the bar. There are a lot of nuances to the Toledo show that can be missed if you don't know where to look. This year, as usual, was great.
I spent most of my time with the RCGroups.com crew. This year RCGroups.com took on a new challenge and put together an indoor open-fly for the people attending the Toledo Weak Signals show. When you do something like that you don't really know what to expect. I'm here to tell you it was a great success. We had around 600 participants total and almost 150 pilots. The system that was worked out by the Flying Tigers club kept people in the air and mid-airs to a minimum. I had the trusty John Seaton with me shooting photos and video of all the action. Jim Bourke officiated the event and did his best to keep the RCG foamies in the air (who needs a rudder?). The lovely Annette S. was the hostess of the indoor and awed the crowd with her graceful raffle ticket choosing skill set. Ryan, from Knife Edge Software, was on hand to keep us grounded. He is the RC zen guru that speaks little but says much. The RCGroups.com models were also on hand passing out flyers and flashing quick smiles.
For all of you that were not able to attend I burned the midnight oil and posted over 1,500 pictures of the show and the indoor. You can find them here:

RCGroups.com Indoor Coverage

RCGroups.com Weak Signals Coverage

We are also working on the videos we shot at the events. More on that soon.

I am amazed that the whole thing is already over. We are already preparing for next year's RCG Indoor. I want to personally send out a big thanks to all the people that helped us make the indoor possible. Thanks to Jim Bourke for having the idea and making it a reality. The Flying Tigers could not have done a better job of running the RCG Indoor event and they were laid back and easy going about the whole thing. Brother John Seaton worked from morning to night with a digital camera in one hand and a video camera in the other capturing everything he could. Also I want to thank the sponsors for getting behind the event and being there for us. And last but not least, thanks to everyone that took time out to come to the RCGroups.com Indoor. We appreciate everyone of you.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2007, 07:37 PM
Closed Account
I like the shot of Jason from Hobby Lobby.......he looks so cuuuuuute !...awwwwwwww....
Apr 20, 2007, 11:22 AM
I broke my kerpellor.
Mark, uh, I want to know what cologne you use so I can get sum.

Quick Reply