This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 12, 2007, 12:03 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Discussion

The wind returns!

I've seen it windy here before, but oh boy, this is nuts.

Virtually all of inland Southern California is under a wind advisory. Needless to say, I probably won't be doing any flying in the foreseeable future.

On the bright side, I've just about finished converting a spare bedroom into a hobby paradise, due in no small part to the generosity of my sister and brother-in-law. They gave my wife and I a truckload of near-new furniture and accessories that wouldn't go with the new furnishings in their new home. Worth every dime I spent on a 17' U-Haul truck. I cannot thank them enough.

One of the things I was lucky enough to get was a beautiful European-style workstation that once served as my nephew's homework desk and which must have cost a small fortune. I've been using it a lot and I have to say that I'm one lucky sonofagun since I don't make that kind of bread. Been careful, too. Don't want to scratch it.

This also gives me a suitable workplace to put the HPI Savage back together. Yup, still nothing more than a rolling chassis awaiting the new engine. Oh, well.

One thing's for sure: I'm going to lay out some newspaper on that workstation when I'm ready to hit the wrenches and install that mill.

Getting back to the wind issue, all I can say is "nuts." After sixteen months, countless repairs and a whole lot of simulator time, I am finally at the point where I'm wearing out more parts than I'm breaking on the Blade CP! It's doing exactly what I want it to do. Only mishaps as of late were mechanical failures of the tail motor (surprise!) and of the aluminum swashplate.

I am now thinking "Align T-Rex."

Might have to save my sheckels.

Until next time, have fun!
to remove ads between posts