Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by _Lunchbox_, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 22, 2007, 09:16 PM
jkarpy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
Well, I've finished the wing and tail. I had to remove the tail pieces from the bent fuselage, so I decided to fabricate the mod you linked to Tram. Thanks for that. I really like that mod. I've decided to use this plane to carry my little aiptek camera to do AP. used a 3/4 x 3/4 block and cut it to fit and epoxied it in front of the spar. I drilled and tapped a 1/4 x 20 hole through it and into the top of the wing. I'll run a nylon 1/4 x 20 x 1 1/2 screw up through the wing and use the threaded tripod mount in the bottom of the camera to attach to it.
Now, all I have to do is get a new fuselage and install the servos and radio equip. and It'll be ready to go.. Man I can't wait to get this in the air.....
Now isnít that tail section mount better! Looking Good! I have not for gotten your decal. You wanted pink, rite?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2007, 08:12 AM
Hodgehound # 3
_Lunchbox_'s Avatar
That tail mount is much better... I like it!!!
I can't wait to fly this

PINK???????
Last edited by _Lunchbox_; Apr 23, 2007 at 08:17 AM.
Apr 23, 2007, 08:31 AM
jkarpy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
That tail mount is much better... I like it!!!
I can't wait to fly this

PINK???????
Don't worry, I have a blue one for you.
Apr 23, 2007, 08:42 AM
RC ADDICTS ANONYMOUS
kstone's Avatar
[/QUOTE]running out of time before SEFF...I hope this will be finished...I'll have to work this weekend, and I don't know if my wife will tolerate me spending the whole evening up here all week...[/QUOTE]


You mean I had a choice?!?!?!?
May 02, 2007, 08:01 PM
jkarpy's Avatar

How does it Fly?


Hay Jeff, how does it fly?
May 03, 2007, 08:39 PM
Hodgehound # 3
_Lunchbox_'s Avatar
It is still in one piece


That is because I haven't had the chance to fly this week. I plan on going out Sun afternoon and flying it
Jun 03, 2007, 10:23 AM
jkarpy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
It is still in one piece


That is because I haven't had the chance to fly this week. I plan on going out Sun afternoon and flying it
So, how did it fly?
Jun 03, 2007, 08:09 PM
Hodgehound # 3
_Lunchbox_'s Avatar
I was able to fly it for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. Man it flies great!!.. I narrowly missed a crash when the ez connector on the elevator loosened up..It made for an exciting landing..

The last time I flew it, the battery came loose from the velcro strap, and was dangling ... I couldn't figure out why the tail seemed to be wagging I flew it in close to me, and saw the battery dangling.. That called for an emergency landing. The SSX is now my favorite ...
And, just as soon as I can get the $$$ I'm gonna get a micro SSX..
Jun 10, 2007, 07:33 AM
End of an Era.....
Tha Hodgehound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
And, just as soon as I can get the $$$ I'm gonna get a micro SSX..
I hear ya man! I'm planning on the same!
Jun 27, 2007, 02:43 PM
Yeehadi
USAPatriot's Avatar

Notch??


Hi,

As specified in TFM, I cut a 1/2" notch in the main spar. After making and installing the wingsaddles I did a test fit of the fuse. The fuse is sitting above the notch, not sitting down in it. As the saddles were epoxied in place ( ) I doubt if I'll be cutting them out and raising them up. I'll just bridge the notch gap then use two short pieces of basswood and make a notch that sits above the spar. Question is, what went wrong? The wing saddles are placed as shown in TFM. Thanks! -Rod-
Jun 27, 2007, 04:32 PM
jkarpy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPatriot
Hi,

As specified in TFM, I cut a 1/2" notch in the main spar. After making and installing the wingsaddles I did a test fit of the fuse. The fuse is sitting above the notch, not sitting down in it. As the saddles were epoxied in place ( ) I doubt if I'll be cutting them out and raising them up. I'll just bridge the notch gap then use two short pieces of basswood and make a notch that sits above the spar. Question is, what went wrong? The wing saddles are placed as shown in TFM. Thanks! -Rod-
Not sure what is happening please take some pictures.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion SLOW-STICK X Build jkarpy Millennium R/C 2584 Mar 15, 2017 09:07 AM
Discussion Slow Stick X build - a second one Bayward Electric Plane Talk 31 Feb 06, 2008 07:50 AM
Video SLOW-STICK X Build Part 2 Tail Feathers jkarpy Electric Plane Talk 0 Mar 05, 2007 04:15 PM
Video SLOW-STICK X Build Part 1 jkarpy Electric Plane Talk 0 Feb 18, 2007 04:24 PM