This thread is privately moderated by _Lunchbox_, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by jkarpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
Well, I've finished the wing and tail. I had to remove the tail pieces from the bent fuselage, so I decided to fabricate the mod you linked to Tram. Thanks for that. I really like that mod. I've decided to use this plane to carry my little aiptek camera to do AP. used a 3/4 x 3/4 block and cut it to fit and epoxied it in front of the spar. I drilled and tapped a 1/4 x 20 hole through it and into the top of the wing. I'll run a nylon 1/4 x 20 x 1 1/2 screw up through the wing and use the threaded tripod mount in the bottom of the camera to attach to it.
Now, all I have to do is get a new fuselage and install the servos and radio equip. and It'll be ready to go.. Man I can't wait to get this in the air.....
Now isnít that tail section mount better! Looking Good! I have not for gotten your decal. You wanted pink, rite?
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Hodgehound # 3
That tail mount is much better... I like it!!!
I can't wait to fly this

PINK???????
Last edited by _Lunchbox_; Apr 23, 2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:31 AM
Quote:
That tail mount is much better... I like it!!!
I can't wait to fly this

PINK???????
Don't worry, I have a blue one for you.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:42 AM
Find More Posts by kstone
RC ADDICTS ANONYMOUS
[/QUOTE]running out of time before SEFF...I hope this will be finished...I'll have to work this weekend, and I don't know if my wife will tolerate me spending the whole evening up here all week...[/QUOTE]

You mean I had a choice?!?!?!?
Old May 02, 2007, 09:01 PM

How does it Fly?

Hay Jeff, how does it fly?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2007, 09:39 PM
Hodgehound # 3
It is still in one piece

That is because I haven't had the chance to fly this week. I plan on going out Sun afternoon and flying it
Old Jun 03, 2007, 11:23 AM
Quote:
It is still in one piece

That is because I haven't had the chance to fly this week. I plan on going out Sun afternoon and flying it
So, how did it fly?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2007, 09:09 PM
Hodgehound # 3
I was able to fly it for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. Man it flies great!!.. I narrowly missed a crash when the ez connector on the elevator loosened up..It made for an exciting landing..

The last time I flew it, the battery came loose from the velcro strap, and was dangling ... I couldn't figure out why the tail seemed to be wagging I flew it in close to me, and saw the battery dangling.. That called for an emergency landing. The SSX is now my favorite ...
And, just as soon as I can get the $$$ I'm gonna get a micro SSX..
Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
End of an Era.....
Quote:
And, just as soon as I can get the $$$ I'm gonna get a micro SSX..
I hear ya man! I'm planning on the same!
Old Jun 27, 2007, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by USAPatriot
Yeehadi

Notch??

Hi,

As specified in TFM, I cut a 1/2" notch in the main spar. After making and installing the wingsaddles I did a test fit of the fuse. The fuse is sitting above the notch, not sitting down in it. As the saddles were epoxied in place ( ) I doubt if I'll be cutting them out and raising them up. I'll just bridge the notch gap then use two short pieces of basswood and make a notch that sits above the spar. Question is, what went wrong? The wing saddles are placed as shown in TFM. Thanks! -Rod-
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPatriot
Hi,

As specified in TFM, I cut a 1/2" notch in the main spar. After making and installing the wingsaddles I did a test fit of the fuse. The fuse is sitting above the notch, not sitting down in it. As the saddles were epoxied in place ( ) I doubt if I'll be cutting them out and raising them up. I'll just bridge the notch gap then use two short pieces of basswood and make a notch that sits above the spar. Question is, what went wrong? The wing saddles are placed as shown in TFM. Thanks! -Rod-
Not sure what is happening please take some pictures.
RCG Plus Member