This thread is privately moderated by feathermerchant, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 11, 2007, 10:55 PM
ExtremeFlight - 3DHS - Legacy
Got one left. You gonna start a giant-scale fleet?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
Very Nice!!!

I need to figure out how to get on that top secret build/test list of Ben's one of these days...

What's that Ben... You say you got one left??
Apr 11, 2007, 11:06 PM
So what are you guys liking over the HVs? Hyperions? Jeti?
Apr 12, 2007, 05:58 AM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Sweet looking plane Jim!! Sorry to hear about your esc issues.

Tim
Apr 12, 2007, 06:48 AM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
Blucor - I meant HV ESC. Did the doggy one work OK?
Apr 12, 2007, 08:58 AM
Haven't flown the doggy esc. Hope to tomorrow.

The Hyperion (Same as Jeti?) ESCs have been reliable so far, but I don't like the throttle response. I use them anyway.

James saw me crash one of the 85" planes I was planning on taking to SEFF because the Castle HV coughed at just the wrong moment. Really frustrating.
Apr 12, 2007, 09:13 AM
I cant be 100% sure I've figured out your code talk, but if the doggy esc is the one I'm thinking it is, I've considered it a few times. There's a few others out there that look decent, but I've only needed to go into that amp/volt range a few times so far, and haven't had a chance to try any others out.

Sorry to hear about your 85 incher going down. It's these types of posts that make me really consider pulling that HV out and puttins something else in. I've not flown with it yet due to conditions.. might switch out before I have to find out the hard way.
Apr 12, 2007, 09:23 AM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbSkull
I cant be 100% sure I've figured out your code talk, but if the doggy esc is the one I'm thinking it is, I've considered it a few times. There's a few others out there that look decent, but I've only needed to go into that amp/volt range a few times so far, and haven't had a chance to try any others out.
Numb,

There language is unable to be decoded. However from my understanding the language they use if very similiar to "Texinglish" a lost form of coded messages that originated along the US/MEX borders and is slowly being funneled northward. It is projected to infultrate the greater interior of the US by midsummer. Be Warned!! It is highly contagious with no known cure.

Tim
Apr 12, 2007, 10:31 AM
What's not the understand? FM installed the 2DESC on my big K before the BB last week. We argued about the PP but since he's AR I let it go. Anyway, he had this 72" 300 S that I wanted and I offered to trade him a K but he resisted, so I put the 300 in HA inverted about 3 inches over the runway and held it there until he agreed to sell it to me.

It was sweet.

Apr 12, 2007, 10:39 AM
FM, seen this yet?
Apr 12, 2007, 11:54 AM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
Wht a cl pln Bn. Hp y gt a gd dl n t. Dn't tll TF.
Talked to JF at Castle and he seemed ?? about the controller and said to sent it in and they'd fix or replace it. Only catch is he did not know when the latest rev of the control board would be in. (to reduce static electricity damage - helicopters)
At least they have good service.
So my choices are install a 45HV I have and run 8S and 1700W on a 20X10 (a proven combo with that ESC) which would put AUW at ~12.7lb and would fly well enough or I could borrow an 85HV from gwh until Castle replaces mine.

BTW I sold an Aspera to Walter Tues. at our club meeting. Expect a call.

Numb - Ben's is the first in-flight report I can remember. Most are infant failures and a good many seem to be while progoramming. For example I sent a good controller and motor to Castle for testing. They sent it back and one of the first starts, it popped a FET.

Sun - YYURYYUBICURYY4ME
Apr 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
Man, James, go for the 12.7 lbs...you might just have the lightest 85" 3d plane in the world.
Apr 12, 2007, 01:19 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
Yeah with the most rearward CG too.
Where's the Sia CAP spin vid?
Apr 12, 2007, 05:26 PM
I'm at 14lb.4oz. w/ 3KW onboard. Ought to be fun. Set for a maiden in the next 48 hrs. Going to try multiple airfoils. That's hauling a lot of big wings to the field, but hey - it's all in the name of science!
Apr 12, 2007, 10:21 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
SUCCESS! The new 45HV works. I ran it for about 10sec WOT on a 20X8 and 8S. Just have to finish up the details. Hope to maiden it Sat.

Quick Reply