Dec 07, 2008, 09:01 AM
Hummm... I don'tthink mine will do that. I think I will try the 2 pushrod thing. Has anyone had any problems with the slave pushrod setup running the thrust vectors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad
1-Throttle
2-Elevon 1
3-Elevon 2
4-Rudder
5-TV 1
6-TV 2

I used four mixes to setup the TV.
1- Elevator+ -> TV1
2- Aileron+ -> TV1
3- Elevator- -> TV2
4- Aileron- -> TV1

I hope that makes sense.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2008, 09:37 AM
If you want you can use TV on elevators only, you could use the flaps channel for the TV and then use elev to flap mix. By doing this way you can set the exact throw you want and you can trim the TV by itself.

I did like this on mine:

1-Elevon (elevator)
2-Elevon (aileron)

Delta mix on 1 and 2

3-Throttle
4-Rudder

6-TV

elev to flap mix on 1 and 6

Nadim
Dec 09, 2008, 06:36 AM
I got tired of trying to paste the tiled plans together and went to do the kinko's e size print out. I got home and it was about 80% ofthe size of the tiled plans. Has anyone had this happen and if so,how do you instruct kinko's to correct it?
Dec 09, 2008, 07:39 AM
(TechDad) Bob Templeton
More than likely, it's how they printed it. You instruct them to print it 1-to-1 (100%) without fitting to the page. Fitting it to the page is probably where they went wrong. I printed mine from the tiled 100% plans. My printer scaled it down to 94% to make all the pages fit in the printable margins...but that's the size I wanted to begin with, so I was lucky. Glue stick also makes it very easy to paste the tiled pages together as well as holding the template on the foam while you cut it.
Latest blog entry: New T-One Mini Turbine...
Dec 09, 2008, 12:36 PM
I believe in Kool Aid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcook12
I got tired of trying to paste the tiled plans together and went to do the kinko's e size print out. I got home and it was about 80% ofthe size of the tiled plans. Has anyone had this happen and if so,how do you instruct kinko's to correct it?
I've been there done that. They will automatically use the default page scaling setting of "Shrink to Printable Area" unless you specifically ask them to use a page scaling of "None".
Dec 09, 2008, 02:39 PM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP
I'll concur with the above posts--this is a common problem, but Kinkos will correct at no charge if you ask. This is why I put a scale on all my plans--before you take the print home, make sure to hold a ruler up to the scale and make sure it printed at 100%.

Steve
Dec 09, 2008, 03:27 PM
Steve; should I use the 28" plans if I use a Hacker 20-20L ?
Dec 10, 2008, 01:18 AM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP
rscott,
Sorry I have no experience with that motor or know the specs, so I can't offer any advice. Perhaps someone with experience with that motor will speak up.

Steve
Dec 10, 2008, 04:21 AM
In my opinion there’s only ONE motor out there that’s good enough for the 28” version and that’s the 2212-06 with a 6x4 APC-e, try to use a high kv motor.

Nadim
Dec 10, 2008, 09:01 AM
(TechDad) Bob Templeton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
In my opinion there’s only ONE motor out there that’s good enough for the 28” version and that’s the 2212-06 with a 6x4 APC-e, try to use a high kv motor.

Nadim
For a single motor setup, I personally don't think that motor has enough power for the 28" version. The Grayson Super Mega Jet has plenty of power though and is still a good deal at $30.

I currently fly and much prefer the E-Flight Six 2700kv motor with a 6x4. I've hit 100mph with it and there's more than enough power. Sure, it's $80, but IMO this is the best motor for the job.

Both the Super Mega Jet and the E-Flight Six put out roughly twice the power of the 2212-06.
Latest blog entry: New T-One Mini Turbine...
Dec 10, 2008, 09:45 AM
i agree, i had the smj on it but due to other planes requiring more power, i had to switch and install the 2212-06 on it. she flew but i kinda got used to the smj, so therefore i ordered more when it went on sale. and after much research i found out that hobbycity sells a motor equivalent to the sixseries for under 20.00 and i'm just waiting for more stuff i need to add to the basket before i drop the order.
T3chDad thanks for the wonderful video, one day' i'll hit the triple digit mark......
Dec 10, 2008, 10:05 AM
One of the usual suspects
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkn951
...T3chDad thanks for the wonderful video, one day' i'll hit the triple digit mark......
Here's a picture of T3chDad's Su-37 just before it was about to part my hair that day...
OR... is that the REAL one???
Dec 10, 2008, 02:02 PM
You’re probably right. I used it on my 28” flanker and I was really happy with the performance, but that was a year ago and at that time they didn’t have the smj. I guess if I would build another one I would probably consider buying the smj.
Dec 10, 2008, 06:30 PM
SMKN951
Which HC motor did you order?
Thanks,
Neal
Dec 10, 2008, 07:33 PM
i did the 100% version, kind of too big and heavy, not really fast, esp the aileron, it doesnt drill like our other parkjets.

Quick Reply