Jan 26, 2008, 04:41 PM
i have to wait for esc's to come in, so i started on the panell lines. It's a hard one to do because of the round shapes, but it starts to look ok. Trick is not to draw all the lines, there are way too much on the original. Just make the major ones to give a nice impression.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2008, 10:31 PM
thanks for the photo, will try to do mine asap after i complete my F14
Jan 26, 2008, 10:40 PM
I've half a mind...
Very nice panel line work, didier.

Doc
Jan 27, 2008, 07:26 PM
customstandoffs
Thanks Nadim.

Wow dider. That's awesome.
I have found that I'm not a details kind of guy. It's always the little details that make the planes look so good but I get tired of working on it when it's time to do the finishing.

Craig
Jan 28, 2008, 03:19 AM
Didier I have no words for panels painting. Look please to nose cone maybe is some camera error but I'm afraid that nose cone on right side is tiner ?
Jan 28, 2008, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomu
Didier I have no words for panels painting. Look please to nose cone maybe is some camera error but I'm afraid that nose cone on right side is tiner ?
I am happy to inform you it seems to be camera error because of the light in the room..indeed it looks a bit thin on one side..
Feb 01, 2008, 07:50 AM
customstandoffs
Ok, I got all my parts in (finially) and this thing is going to be a very large, foam, brick.
I am at 36.5 oz and I still need to add the nacelle bottoms. My CG is about 0.75" too far back as well so I may have to add weight to the nose.

If my calculations are correct, my wing loading will be about 18.4 oz/sqft. The target for this plane is 14 max.

By comparison, my heavy F-18 wing loading is 13.9 oz/sqft and the target on that one is 8.2 oz/sqft. The F-18 flys ok but it's just fast.

I'm using the Grayson park jet motors and a Loong Max battery. The motors are heavier than the LSPJ and my battery is 6.86 oz.

Two questions:
Is this thing going to fly or do I need to start reducing weight?

Has anyone flown with the CG behind the recommended point of 6.1" in front of the carbon rod in the wing?

Craig
Feb 01, 2008, 04:11 PM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP
cmala,
I think your Su-37 will fly just fine at that weight--especially with two Grayson motors. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Definitely do add some ballast to the nose to bring the CG in line with the recommendation, though, especially for the first flight. I've flown mine up to 1/2" behind the recommended CG and it flew OK, but was much more of a handful. I'd add the weight for the first flights and then try further back CGs later once it's trimmed and you're used to how it flies.

Steve
Feb 01, 2008, 04:26 PM
customstandoffs
Thanks Steve,

This thing just feels so heavy, I was starting to wonder if I should put landing gear on it. I just know if it hits the ground, it will hit hard. I just put my wattsup meter on it and it looks like I'm getting over 350 watts. I'm not really sure how to read it because it peaked at over 400 and then steadily started dropping with the engines at full throttle.

Maiden soon.......video to follow.

That was with a mostly dead battery. Full charge, over 450 watts.
Last edited by cmala; Feb 01, 2008 at 05:39 PM.
Feb 01, 2008, 10:29 PM
customstandoffs

Finally Finished

AUW 38.8 oz
Had to add 1.5 oz to the nose to balance
Two Grayson Hobbies Park Jet Combos
Loong Max 2250 mAh, 20C
Spektrum DX7
Thrust Vector Control for pitch and roll (no Yaw TV control)
I tied both my ESC's together into one receiver channel with a "Y" harness.
Dual Rudders
6mmflyrc.com depron kit
Feb 01, 2008, 10:32 PM
customstandoffs
2 more pictures

Craig
Feb 01, 2008, 10:40 PM
cool man. wat a beauty. keke... mine is half way tru.
Feb 01, 2008, 10:42 PM
(TechDad) Bob Templeton
What props are you turning Craig? I can't wait to see her fly.
Latest blog entry: New T-One Mini Turbine...
Feb 02, 2008, 12:53 AM
customstandoffs
6x4's The maiden will be at intergraph where I have plenty of room. Not sure when yet. Possibly tomorrow if weather and wife cooperate
Feb 02, 2008, 03:53 AM
Looks good Craig!

Good luck on maiden!

Nadim

Quick Reply