Apr 03, 2007, 03:34 AM
Thread OP
Video

beechcraft baron 58 video

to view the video you need to download the free Divx codec from www.divx.com/divx/play its free.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2007, 11:33 AM
Wow--another great video Zim! Thats a really nice plane you made there..

Looks like the same flying spot you used for the Bonanza.

You must have quite the collection of planes now.

Since the other ones are Beechcraft, do you think you might make the Beech 18? i ask this because i think you are the perfect person to make one of the best ones ever made because of your skill at twins, light weight building techniques and detailing!

I have quite a bit of time in B58 Barons--they are a classy twin --i always liked them..kind of like the cessna 310R--pretty sporty. the perfect run around plane for you and your buddies.

I flew a b-55 also, and its more of a hot rod..but the one i flew was stripped down with no interior and maybe the lighter weight also added the the effect.

Just ordered graphics for the Acme Cessna 170a...to make it just like Sky's, or as close as possible--if mine turns out to be half as nice as his i will be thrilled!

T
Apr 03, 2007, 04:43 PM
Thread OP
Thank's Tim, i would love to build a beech18, twins are fun and sky's kit's are TOP's
but i don't know when? i have just started the citation and its going to be a bit of a hand full, too many planes out there to build, and not enough time. i also like Sky's new sea plane.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662704
Apr 03, 2007, 07:01 PM
You should go to Hollywood and make models for stunts too dangerous for real pilots!
Apr 04, 2007, 06:49 PM
Great video once again. You do an amazing job on these civilian airplanes and I enjoy your videos. Thanks for sharing your handiwork!

Alex
Apr 04, 2007, 07:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekitter
Great video once again. You do an amazing job on these civilian airplanes and I enjoy your videos. Thanks for sharing your handiwork!

Alex
Thanks Alex, its nice to know you enjoy the vids.
zim.

FOAM FANTOM, that would be the dream job!
Last edited by Zimm; Apr 04, 2007 at 07:54 PM.
Apr 04, 2007, 10:46 PM
which citation are you making Z? i have some experience with the 500-550-and 560...they all have that same "look".

nowadays the excell and "X" are getting to be pretty common.

let us know if you make a thread for this.

Tim
Apr 05, 2007, 02:57 PM
Thread OP
Tim, it is citation 500 I, i just finished cutting out all the formers from balsa, for the fuselage.
It's supplied with heavy ply, not good!, if i would build it, with all the wood supplied in the kit, its AUW would be around 4kg so my target weight is 2.8kg with fowler flaps full-light retracts with front doors, i made the nacelles about a year back, so its bin on the back burner for some time now.
At the air port we have two of them so l have snapped some pics just to get things right, i hope!!.
How is the real citation like to fly? i have heard people say, that they are a bit of a slug to fly, compared to the lear jet?
as far as starting a thread? i not sure about that, i don't think there would be much intreated in this model, plus i need to have it finished in 9 weeks so i will have my work cut out for me, but i will keep you informed of the progress. pics below are not the one i snapped
zim
Last edited by Zimm; Apr 05, 2007 at 03:04 PM.
Apr 05, 2007, 04:30 PM
Wow--a 500--you dont see that too often..thats really interesting! i have about 300 hours or so in them and a type rating..really not that much time, but i remember what its like.

about how they fly- the 500 and is very pleasant to fly. if its heavily loaded it can be a bit of a slug especially in a warm climate. some call it a slowtation, but i think its a fine plane doing what its made to do..

you sure cant say its unstable, or that it doesnt handle well--its also very pleasant to land. if you compare it to a lear--well thats quite a contrast!

my favorite jet is a the Hawker--because they are roomy and are very solidly built--it sure doesnt hurt that they are built in England!! at least the ones i fly are ..they arent especially fast--up to about M.78 in the 800 model. The range in nice though..very few trips require a fuel stop.

it seems there would be plenty of interest in a build thread if you would like to do that..i know i would read it!

your nacelles look very well made..thats some fine work.

T
Apr 09, 2007, 08:18 PM
Thread OP
Tim i am glad to hear that the 500, has no nasty habits.
it sounds like you fly a good variety of aircraft thats great, i was once thinking to get my pilots license but its very expensive to keep up the hours, so i will stick with the small ones for now.

about the build thread for the 500, i will see how the progress is, unfortunately i don't have much time on this one.
i will post some pics.
zim
Apr 10, 2007, 04:15 PM
This, along with the Bonanza, is one of the nicest electics I've seen and I hope to be able to have something like this once I graduate from my foam planes. I'd also love to see the uncompressed videos!

But your detailing is fantastic and to me this is the height of the hobby. Hovering and 3D might be cool, but this scale stuff is fantastic!
Apr 11, 2007, 11:13 AM

Baron video

Ok,
What does an electric twin sound like?? The video sounds like a jet. I assume that was a dubbed in sound??
My son was disapointed when I told him we were going electric on our Baron because he likes the sound of 4 stroke engines. The Baron in the video sounds great if its real. I have heard also that gear box may be what we are hearing.
Doug
Apr 11, 2007, 11:43 AM

Electric sound

Ok, after calling the hobbie shop, I assume its the gearbox that is making the turbine sound. I am new to electric so help me out here. The guy at the shop said not to use a gearbox, he likes the sound without a gearbox. I like the turbine sound myself so plan to set mine up the same way if thats the sound we can get. Thanks in advance for the help.
To be honest, I first thought negatively about electric but I am begining to think its a great way to go.
Doug
ps, I have been out of the hobbie since the late 90's. things been changing out there.
Apr 11, 2007, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotdoug
Ok,
What does an electric twin sound like?? The video sounds like a jet. I assume that was a dubbed in sound??
My son was disapointed when I told him we were going electric on our Baron because he likes the sound of 4 stroke engines. The Baron in the video sounds great if its real. I have heard also that gear box may be what we are hearing.
Doug
Hi Doug, yes the sound is the gearboxes, they are planetary, many ask if the sound is added, to the video but its not, my response is "If i would add sound to a 58 baron, i would add the right one, and not the turbine sound you can hear."
I hope you can convince you son on going electric, there are many advantages with electric over glow, and electric will only get better! The motor come with the gearbox from the factory.
All the best.

Zim
May 10, 2007, 11:58 PM
heres the 500 i learned to fly jets in Zim

Quick Reply