New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2007, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by flyin C
No Guts, No Glory
Discussion

HL Mustang P-51D (RTF)

just looked at HL website. lately they have been making more RTf planes and this Mustang P-51D looks nice.

Outrunner brushless motor
72 MHz 4-channel radio
3-cell 1300 mAh Lithium battery
4-blade spinner
37-3/4" wingspan,-20 oz. flying weight
Flight times are about 10-15 minutes
4ch and 4 servos

looks like a really nice plane- i like RTF planes, i should of waited to get this P-51 instead of the parkzone P-51

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/mustang.htm

any thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2007, 01:25 AM
Find More Posts by Dora Nine
The sky is my playground.
Well aside from a piant scheme I haven't ever seen before(and am not too fond of)...and lack of retracts...I'd say they have winner. The paint can be "fixed" with some airbrush time. As for the retracts---ehh fighter planes just look funny with the gears hanging unless they are landing. The price is damn good though. I also like the ability to buy spare parts. Always a BIG plus.
Old Apr 03, 2007, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by itspat
Wish they did a plug n play version. Like to keep all my planes on the same radio(Spektrum). In reviewing some of the pictures more closely, you would either have to:
1. keep the landing gear on at all times or
2. Make a servo and control rod cover for the aileron servos.