This thread is privately moderated by Jim T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 02, 2007, 04:27 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP
Discussion

My Visit to RCGroups.com HQ and Knife Edge Software

I have known Jim Bourke for many years. We worked a lot together during my Hobby Lobby years and we cover RC events across the country. I have always wanted to visit the offices of RCGroups and RealFlight but Corvallis, Oregon seemed pretty far away. Well I'm here to tell you it is actually twice as far as that! I booked a flight and the total trip out took close to 10 hours (lay over in Denver). I will also say that Oregon is worth the trip. I have never visited that part of the country and really didn't know what to expect. It is beautiful.

Highlights of Corvallis
1. Home of RCGroups.com and RealFlight
2. Full service gas stations (you can't pump your own gas)
3. No traffic...ever!
4. Nice people
5. Hippies everywhere on bikes
6. The trees along the main drag were taller than the signs. This may not sound like much until you see it yourself. I think the point is that the trees are more important than the McDonald's signs.
7. Great views of the mountains everywhere you go
8. Clean air
9. 3 nice guitar stores
10. 1 great RC store

Jim gave me a tour of the office and I met some of the people I usually correspond with in emails. I also got to see the RealFlight team hard at work. Now let me tell you all the secrets I found out while at the RealFlight office.

NEW FOR REALFLIGHT
1. (*&^*(&(**$ Bl9998&(*888
2. %&%&&^&^&&^(II**9987
3.^%^*%&%^%^%*%&775757
Looks like Jim B. has the RealFlight jammer on, so I guess you will have to wait for the next rev. of RealFlight to see what is new but I did get to annoy the programmers by endlessly suggesting my wish-list for RealFlight.

The office is chock full of RC planes. They even have their own RC workshop there. The fridge was stocked with Dr. Pepper so you know they must be "good people".

Our evenings were spent eating good food, jamming on guitars and playing videos games. While I was playing a particular video game all you could hear from the programmers was, "nice rendering!", "check out that polygon detail!", "did you see the dropped pixel on that thing?!". So I didn't know exactly what they were talking about but they sure seemed excited about everything.

Jim B. and I wrapped up the trip by making a detailed list of things to change at RCGroups and then I jumped my United Airliner back to Nashville.

Thanks to Jim Bourke for having me out and thanks to the RCGroups.com and RealFlight team for treating me so nice.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2007, 09:49 PM
Closed Account
Jim Bourke ? .........I thought that was Moby in those photos !.
Apr 06, 2007, 03:00 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Gee-sh, looks like you get to have all the fun, travel, play games, fly planes, where do I sign up for this gig?

Gary Morris
Apr 06, 2007, 03:36 PM
Got H2? Fuel Cell R/C Car
Is this a new contest? Hang out with Bourke for a day?
Im in!
I'll even wear my RC groups teeshirt!!!
Apr 07, 2007, 09:48 AM
Who's the kid in the orange tee shirt digging for gold

Quick Reply