Thread Tools
Old Apr 01, 2007, 06:50 PM
Werloc is offline
Find More Posts by Werloc
Registered User
Werloc's Avatar
Discussion

Getting new GRP tires,.....what wheels to get....????


I'm placing an order from 2WheelHobbies. I have a (new to me) TT Ducati 999r nitro. I'm getting front and rear GRP Soft tires. Should I also get new wheels? If so, what are better? and why? I kind'a like the TT 3 spoke ones in silver listed first on there site on the Wheels page. I'd prefer to get the raw aluminum ones, but they only have them in rears. They look like they would polish up nice.

I figured get new wheels so I don't have to remove the stock tire from the wheels. Plus, I'll have them a complete extras.

Thanks
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2007, 07:04 PM
bbking9 is offline
Find More Posts by bbking9
Registered User
Werloc, you have a PM.
Old Apr 01, 2007, 10:47 PM
mollycbr123 is offline
Find More Posts by mollycbr123
STeve B in NC
mollycbr123's Avatar
I kind of like Snooey's wheels. The front has both an NF and TT hub, so you have your choice of front brakes you can run.
Old Apr 01, 2007, 10:51 PM
Werloc is offline
Find More Posts by Werloc
Registered User
Werloc's Avatar
Yes, I saw them, I figured they are painted silver, after seeing this one:
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=230

So what is that one?

Thanks, I'll place my order tomorrow.....
Old Apr 01, 2007, 11:04 PM
slawsonb is offline
Find More Posts by slawsonb
Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werloc
Yes, I saw them, I figured they are painted silver, after seeing this one:
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=230

So what is that one?

Thanks, I'll place my order tomorrow.....
They are not painted. Just raw aluminum. The one you linked to is the old FM-1e wheel and it has a very light gold anodizing on it.

Bruce
Old Apr 02, 2007, 07:10 AM
davehour is offline
Find More Posts by davehour
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Those are the ones I'm using in my TTN and look great!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...22#post7114022

David
Old Apr 02, 2007, 07:30 AM
Werloc is offline
Find More Posts by Werloc
Registered User
Werloc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb
They are not painted. Just raw aluminum. The one you linked to is the old FM-1e wheel and it has a very light gold anodizing on it.

Bruce
OK great, Thanks Bruce.....
Old Apr 02, 2007, 07:38 AM
Werloc is offline
Find More Posts by Werloc
Registered User
Werloc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour
Those are the ones I'm using in my TTN and look great!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...22#post7114022

David
Yeah, that looks good. I also have the Desmo body in my shopping cart along with the tires and stuff. What body mounts are they..?? I would think you painted the clear body from the inside with lexan paint. What about the rider? Is that a clear lexan rider, or did you paint the stock TT rider from the outside.

Nice paint job, BTW....
Old Apr 02, 2007, 07:40 AM
Werloc is offline
Find More Posts by Werloc
Registered User
Werloc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
I kind of like Snooey's wheels. The front has both an NF and TT hub, so you have your choice of front brakes you can run.
Snooey wheels.....???? Where from?
Old Apr 02, 2007, 07:51 AM
Whitham69 is offline
Find More Posts by Whitham69
Registered User
Whitham69's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werloc
Snooey wheels.....???? Where from?
http://www.formbymodelshop.com/index...AYCAT&catid=18
Old Apr 02, 2007, 07:52 AM
mark675 is offline
Find More Posts by mark675
scale microlights
mark675's Avatar
www.formbymodels.com

edit: Whitham69 beat me to it lol
Old Apr 02, 2007, 08:01 AM
davehour is offline
Find More Posts by davehour
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werloc
Yeah, that looks good. I also have the Desmo body in my shopping cart along with the tires and stuff. What body mounts are they..?? I would think you painted the clear body from the inside with lexan paint. What about the rider? Is that a clear lexan rider, or did you paint the stock TT rider from the outside.

Nice paint job, BTW....
Thanks for the kind words.

The body mounts I'm using are the ones used by the FM1e:

http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=255

Yes, I painted the body from the inside with Pactra lexan paint. I also painted the stock rider with the Pactra lexan paint.

David
Old Apr 02, 2007, 09:03 AM
Werloc is offline
Find More Posts by Werloc
Registered User
Werloc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour
Thanks for the kind words.

The body mounts I'm using are the ones used by the FM1e:

http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=255

Yes, I painted the body from the inside with Pactra lexan paint. I also painted the stock rider with the Pactra lexan paint.

David
Did you paint a clear coat on the rider? The Pactra paint normally dries dull, your rider looks shinny.
Old Apr 02, 2007, 09:05 AM
Werloc is offline
Find More Posts by Werloc
Registered User
Werloc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitham69

Cool, thanks for the linky.... I'm in the US so I will order the TT wheels from 2WheelHobbies. Shipping will be cheaper I would think.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New GRP tires at my LHS (Los Angeles) Akura2 Motorcycles 6 Jul 22, 2006 07:03 AM
Discussion Getting New CP. What else should i get? bladefan Coaxial Helicopters 1 Jul 02, 2006 03:38 AM
New to Heli's what should I get?? kato145 Electric Heli Talk 11 Mar 19, 2004 12:07 PM
Need a new battery pack for my GWS p51 and Zero What should I get? jayboy Parkflyers 3 Jan 03, 2003 03:12 PM
new to high speed..what to get? BigBadWolf_TX High Performance 6 Apr 22, 2002 07:28 AM