Mar 18, 2008, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofeyfoot
Jeff:

I will have to look that up. I think it was something, something, 9Y. I bet that helps huh?

I'll check it out and get back to you.

Micahel
What size prop is it turning and what battery are you using?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2008, 01:03 PM
Not sure, I will check it out when I get home from work.

But for now I might as well ask the inevitable question.

Apparently people are using some sort of hopped up brushless motor with this built up wing. Since I always give in to temptation, I'm sure I will mod this plane to the max at some point. Do you know what a good motor, prop, esc, battery combination will be?

Right now the plane has a 1300 Thunderpower three cell, an 18 amp cheapie speed control, the mystery outrunner motor (which I will get you more info on) and some type of slow flight prop on it. It might be about 9/5 or so. It's the gray one. Have to look that up too.

I'm trying to keep stuff as close to the same as possible so I don't have to buy everything again new.

Maybe you have some ideas for a motor that would be good. If I have to change the prop that's not a big deal but I'd like to use the speed control and battery I have if possible.

Thanks.

Michael
Mar 19, 2008, 07:17 AM
Tram/Jeff:

I did look up what I have on the Slow Stick.

The Motor is labelled BM 2410-9.

The prop is a 1047. It is an "APC" or whatever those gray ones are called. Mine is actually blue but it's from the gray propeller company.

The speed control is 18 amps.

The battery is a TP 3S 1320MaH pack.

So, two questions. One, can I do the built up wing modification with the other stuff I have? If not, what do I have to change.

Second, if I was going to really juice this plane up with the built up wing, ailerons, etc, what would then be the right motor, prop, speed control and battery?

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Mar 19, 2008, 07:21 AM
Tram/Jeff:

The prop is a 1047. It is an "APC" or whatever those gray ones are called. Mine is actually blue but it's from the gray propeller company.

So, two questions. One, can I do the built up wing modification with the other stuff I already have? If not, what do I have to change?

Second, if I was going to really juice this plane up with the built up wing, ailerons, etc, what would then be the right motor, prop, speed control and battery?

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Mar 19, 2008, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofeyfoot
Tram/Jeff:

So, two questions. One, can I do the built up wing modification with the other stuff I already have? If not, what do I have to change?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Michael, The Outrunner I am using turns a 10-4.7 prop and I am using a 1320 2S pack and an 18 amp ESC like yours. Sounds like you are ready to go. If you really want to hop this plane up, I would recommend about 175 watts. You are most likely getting around 140 with the motor you have. I am clearing out my motor packages as combos. I am going to stop carrying that kind of stuff. I have the gearbox systems if you are interested. You can get a good deal on a combo if you call us. Ask for me.

www.FlyERC.com

James
May 23, 2009, 07:31 AM
Mere rookie

How to buy a Slowstick X in Oz?

Hi,
Just been to the millenium website and tried to order a slow stick with accessories only to get to the checkout to find out it won't let me order one to Australia.
Can someone enlighten me as to; 1. why not? and 2. how can I buy one? Do they want my business or what??

Thanks

Dave
May 23, 2009, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceflier
Hi,
Just been to the millenium website and tried to order a slow stick with accessories only to get to the checkout to find out it won't let me order one to Australia.
Can someone enlighten me as to; 1. why not? and 2. how can I buy one? Do they want my business or what??

Thanks

Dave
Hello Dave,

Sorry for the problem. I have a dealer in Australia. http://www.aussieflight.com.au/shop/index.php

You were not able to complete the order because you must choose USPS Priority international as your shipping. I will try to fix the web site so that is clear. I have shipped to Australia many times this way. Any other method of shipping would cost too much. please send me a direct e-mail and we can work out the best posible shipping for you. You can also check with my dealer. I do not think he has my complete kit in stock. He has the short kit (upgrade kit).

James Karpy

President Millennium R/C

Quick Reply