Mar 28, 2007, 09:15 PM
Thread OP
Question

Been a long time things have changed "reNEWBIE"

The last time I put my MRP Miss Bud Cat was 1995. Hasn't seen water since. Well this past weekend I brought it out and gave it new cells and off she went.
Then I found this group and FASTELECTRICS.com and from what I'm reading electrics have come a long way.
I've got a 540 wizard single motor, 35mm prop, TEKIN 432M speed control.
I was in the process of refitting it with the twin drive upgrade(can't find one so I'll make my own).
Seems that brushless is the way to go nowadays.
Therefore I have a couple of questions:
I only run sport (no competition) but I like fast (my other boats are Dumas SCARAB S Type turbo w/.91 nitro and .21 Hot Shot).

Can I put a brushless in my CAT?
Would one brushless perform as well or better than the twin drive?
My speed controller can handle 14 cells and two motors (0.05, 0.075 cobalt) can this work with a brushless or do I need a different one?

There is one on EBAY http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1
would this work?
any suggestion would be appreciated.

By the way, there is a company that sells automation components which I thought would be ideal for RC www.misumiusa.com. We use them alot at work for automation fixtures. They sell custom shafts, bearings, gears and in any quantity. Hope this helps anyone.

Thanks
Ed
Last edited by edsl; Mar 29, 2007 at 09:51 PM. Reason: added misumi
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply