Mar 27, 2007, 05:06 PM
Frame Design Engineer
Thread OP
Discussion

1/32 pan car ?? lets make one

Well just looking at the 1/18 Robitronics Scalpel Pan car, then looking over at my Micro-T

the next logical fun car would be a 1/32 carpet racing pan car with a Medusa 12mm BL motor on 3S Lipo.

this scale would be easy to vaccuform a wedge body

Nano Digital steering servo. Spektrum micro RX.

was thinking about using 1/32 Slot car parts for the drive train.
I have NO slot car experience but figured that would be a good place to start,

I can design a ball diff and axle, but not really be bale to get it made.. too expensive.

I have TONS of projects on my plate right now. but I figured I could stir some creativity in you guys

So who here has been thinking of the same thing ?

lets do it

Dave
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2007, 05:24 PM
Frame Design Engineer
Thread OP
I thought about converting a slot car, but thats not what I want. I want a 1/32 version of the Scalpel lolol
Mar 27, 2007, 07:22 PM
I have slot cars too. Maybe one that has steerable front wheels would work but you would have to fabricate tie rods.
Mar 27, 2007, 11:21 PM
foamanologist
I might be able to nibble on this one! Almost have both 64b's and t's finished. Might be time to apply for more patents..............

Matt
Mar 28, 2007, 06:59 AM
oh boy! LOL
Mar 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
Frame Design Engineer
Thread OP

Sketch

I think I need to draw up the chassis and have a friend cut it out on a router for me.

this looks doable. Last night before I passed out I made a very quick sketch.

My solidworks modeling has greatly lessened my hand drawing skills. lol

just a quick sketch to get some ideas going.

possible to use the steering hubs from the micro-T. not sure.

Not sure if it's true 1/32 scale, I simply traced the Micro-T wheel base
Mar 28, 2007, 10:24 AM
Frame Design Engineer
Thread OP
I would be perfectly fine with having the rear pod be part of the main chassis and have it work via flex like the micro RS4. I really don;t like the flex setup, but I will compromise at this scale :-)
Mar 28, 2007, 10:57 AM
Pretty damn cool!
Mar 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
foamanologist
Dave- no reason to comprimise at this scale. If you can envision it, you can build it! I have good hand drawing skills I might beable to refine your drawing. I know of a few places to get really small springs. Independent front and a single coilover in the rear would be cool! Where is a good place to get sheet in sheets? maybe .50 to 1mm thick?

I think its time to stir up the RC craze with some ultra cool micro's..................dave?

Matt
Mar 28, 2007, 03:48 PM
Closed Account
hey matt when u make some drawings think ya could e-mail me some i wanna get in on this
[email protected]
thanks
mike
Mar 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
Frame Design Engineer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by customminatures
Dave- no reason to comprimise at this scale. If you can envision it, you can build it! I have good hand drawing skills I might beable to refine your drawing. I know of a few places to get really small springs. Independent front and a single coilover in the rear would be cool! Where is a good place to get sheet in sheets? maybe .50 to 1mm thick?

I think its time to stir up the RC craze with some ultra cool micro's..................dave?

Matt
Lets show them insanity Matt.
Mar 28, 2007, 04:37 PM
foamanologist
Mar 28, 2007, 07:07 PM
You might just be surprised at how much catching up you have to do.

CRT Mini Carpet Racer, one of the first 1/32 pan cars.

Shotgun with 1/32 Rat Shack Nikko body

Turbo Shotgun Epoch’s 1/43 scale
Video, look closely for the 1/43 scale blue dot.

Apex 1/32 slot body projects, some already with SR3500 receivers.

Not 1/32 but just for fun because the Scalpel looks so much like this much older Tagu 1/25th scsle Mini-Z conversion.
Last edited by lbrc; Mar 28, 2007 at 07:43 PM.
Mar 29, 2007, 10:50 AM
Frame Design Engineer
Thread OP
neat stuff. not exactly what I am looking for but very close.

I don't consider the CRT car to be a pan car.. but more like a Micro RS4.

the Tagu 1/25th is most like what I would want
Mar 29, 2007, 03:35 PM
foamanologist
Would a RC car at this scale sell on the market? I mean, to get serious and all how popular does everyone think a car at this scale could be?

What style car would be more wanted than the next?

I like the cars above. I didnt think that this could be the first 1/32 car. A little competition with thos would be nice! That is if they could be popular. If I start work on a project like this, it WILL NOT BE A TOY! More along the range of hobby grade racing, like Ive said in other posts. Im not into the cheap parts of a toy. Hobby grade might cost more, but you get what you pay for--------QUALITY! At this scale 1/32, and a N20LV motor impacts could result in part explosion if they were made from plastic. This needs to be made from CF and some composite type parts. Some parts would have to be milled from aluminum stock such as the rear pod.

IMO- I would like to see a AWD type car. Maybe a 4wd offroad buggy.(sorry, Im into offroad more than onroad cars!)

I think we need more imput from you the people instead of the people that might possibly build these insane rc cars.

Matt

Quick Reply