Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 07, 2007, 06:57 AM
Hangar Rat is offline
Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Registered User
No Problem Chen! I suppose that I now have to stop watching TV and get into the workshop.

Hopefully by the end of the week end - I too have a boss - but I am sure not as nice as Mr Lin.

Cheers

Ratty
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2007, 08:24 AM
Red 61 is offline
Find More Posts by Red 61
Outcast outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Hi Red,

GWS-15 certainly flies faster than P-40.
HUH? I didn't ask if the GWS-15 was faster than the P-40. I asked WHEN the P-40 would be released...
Old Jun 07, 2007, 08:49 AM
Hangar Rat is offline
Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Registered User
LOL. Red, it was not a specific comment on your question on the P-40, just to say that hopefully now GWS had the F-15 kit out of the way, the P-40 should be soon - and to add a little encouragement to get an move on!
Cheers
Ratty
Old Jun 07, 2007, 01:18 PM
CaptEvo is offline
Find More Posts by CaptEvo
Registered User
CaptEvo's Avatar
Is there any other places where I can get AT-6 other than epyaya.com ?
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one.
Old Jun 07, 2007, 01:34 PM
CaptEvo is offline
Find More Posts by CaptEvo
Registered User
CaptEvo's Avatar
I've been reading this thread and the GWS-190 thread.
Some thing is telling me that the GWS BLM004A is not the right choice for these planes... Now I'm stuck between getting the combo from epyaya or self build combo starting with white NPS. I have an Atlas 2312/9 sitting around, similar to AXI PM221226. Do you think this would be a good application to use?
Old Jun 07, 2007, 02:19 PM
Red 61 is offline
Find More Posts by Red 61
Outcast outlaw
I don't know anything about your two motors, but I will tell you that a "self build combo, starting with white NPS" is ALWAYS the way to go.
Old Jun 07, 2007, 03:09 PM
CaptEvo is offline
Find More Posts by CaptEvo
Registered User
CaptEvo's Avatar
Reading the other build thread, some even like the BP-12T... I think I'll do with white NPS

EPYAYA charges at least $15.00 to ship to me... Since I was having problem choosing between the 190 and t-6. I got both NPS + some props to make $100 order for free shipping.

Now, what am I ginna tell my wife?
Old Jun 07, 2007, 03:52 PM
jamesdr is online now
Find More Posts by jamesdr
Unrepentant Carnivore
jamesdr's Avatar
The GWS BLM004A (2215/12) is a good choice provided you have the right prop. I had performance issues with my 190 until I started using the HD1075. It's not a hot rod but speed is pretty good and very manageable acrobatically. I've pulled off consecutive Immelmans for a altitude gaining maneuver - not as spectacular as straight up but hey - it's a WWII fighter. From all that I have read, the AT-6 is a lighter plane and will perform better with the 2215/12.

Jim
Old Jun 07, 2007, 04:12 PM
Red 61 is offline
Find More Posts by Red 61
Outcast outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptEvo
Now, what am I ginna tell my wife?
Oh -- that's EASY. Just tell her one of the airplanes is HERS, and she gets to take her pick.

By the way -- is that your wife in your avitar?
Old Jun 07, 2007, 05:44 PM
kensp is offline
Find More Posts by kensp
Registered User
kensp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr
The GWS BLM004A (2215/12) is a good choice provided you have the right prop. I had performance issues with my 190 until I started using the HD1075. It's not a hot rod but speed is pretty good and very manageable acrobatically. I've pulled off consecutive Immelmans for a altitude gaining maneuver - not as spectacular as straight up but hey - it's a WWII fighter. From all that I have read, the AT-6 is a lighter plane and will perform better with the 2215/12.

Jim
Ihave the 2215/12 on my At-6 Harvard and I normaly use the use the GWS 9 x 5 HD to keep the speed down. I did make two flights with the 9 x 7.5 and it preformed well. But on both these flights I was flying on 1/2 throttle becase I was making flight tests with the flaps down 45 degrees.

As Jim says these are WWII aeroplanes and their scale speeds are not very high. For the Harvard the scale speed is 17 mph and the GWS-190s scale speed is 40 mph.

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Jun 08, 2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 08, 2007, 01:39 AM
malibu43 is offline
Find More Posts by malibu43
Registered User
malibu43's Avatar
Building is complete on my AT-6. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to maiden on Saturday if the weather's nice enough.

I had some small snags or issues during the build, but nothing that most other people didn't already cover here or in the early bird thread. Here are the only two things I couldn't figure out:

1. Motor wires come out of the motor and mount and run straight into where the prop will be. Is there a way to route the wires out the back of the motor instead (without reversing the shaft and mounting it the other way...)?

2. The screws for the main landing gear are WAY TOO BIG for the landing gear mounts. It's not an issue right away, since I plan on hand launching and belling landing anyway, but at some point I might like to fly with the landing gear. I have some screws from other GWS kits, and they're too small. So for now, I can't use the landing gear.

Please let me know if you have solutions for either of these problems! Thanks!
Old Jun 08, 2007, 02:28 AM
gunracer is offline
Find More Posts by gunracer
diligentia vis celeritas
gunracer's Avatar
m43,

what motor are you using?...if the cowl cannot shield the wires, then possibly you can pull them taut and zip tie them down onto the stick mount...as to the gear mount screws holes being too small, i would open them slowly and slightly with a heated t pin...

i've had my kit now for a couple weeks but still haven't decided whether to build it stock or bash it into something else...
Old Jun 08, 2007, 03:16 AM
malibu43 is offline
Find More Posts by malibu43
Registered User
malibu43's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunracer
m43,

what motor are you using?...if the cowl cannot shield the wires, then possibly you can pull them taut and zip tie them down onto the stick mount...as to the gear mount screws holes being too small, i would open them slowly and slightly with a heated t pin...

i've had my kit now for a couple weeks but still haven't decided whether to build it stock or bash it into something else...
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm using the GWS 2212-15 that came with my kit. The motor wires come right out the front of the motor. I have them pulled back right now and taped to the stick mount, but there's only a few mm clearance between the wires and the prop.
Old Jun 08, 2007, 05:28 AM
Bthree is offline
Find More Posts by Bthree
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu43
2. The screws for the main landing gear are WAY TOO BIG for the landing gear mounts. It's not an issue right away, since I plan on hand launching and belling landing anyway, but at some point I might like to fly with the landing gear. I have some screws from other GWS kits, and they're too small. So for now, I can't use the landing gear.

The screws are tight but will go in, I used 2 on each wing side as the heads are quite large. If you run a drill down the holes this will help, not too big though, you just need to ease the holes.

The landing gear base plate is a vast improvement on previous offerings as they have four screw holes so screws can be offset correctly on each side and are better reinforced on the inside
Old Jun 08, 2007, 06:20 AM
GWS CHEN is offline
Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
HUH? I didn't ask if the GWS-15 was faster than the P-40. I asked WHEN the P-40 would be released...
I've not been told when P-40 would be released. It will certainly be released after GWS-15. This's the fact that GWS-15 flies faster than P-40. Currently, my colleagues are working more on GWS-15. I thought it's the right answer.

Ratty, you got my points. Thanks.

Chen


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to tell new gws 9x7" from old? DeaninMilwaukee Parkflyers 11 Aug 31, 2007 07:01 PM
New Product ****GWS-T6: A Classic From The Past**** RAY GWS Product Announcements 1 May 15, 2007 03:00 AM
a Blast from the past :p Thomas Manson Parkflyers 1 Sep 06, 2002 10:46 PM
Blast from the past- setting up a Kalt Whisper Paul Willenborg Electric Heli Talk 10 Feb 21, 2002 11:03 PM
A Blast from the Past? Dereck Sport Planes 2 Aug 06, 2001 02:42 PM