Mar 23, 2007, 01:03 PM
God is good
Thread OP
Discussion

Charlie Sheen movie drags out old conspiracy theories

Way to go Charlie. Join the crowd with Michael Moore (Moore by himself constitutes a crowd! ).

New "documentary"?????
Mar 23, 2007, 01:47 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
What is it the movie and newspaper people say? 'Don't spoil a good story with facts'.
Mar 23, 2007, 09:07 PM
Not quite accurate, and not necessarily reflective of Charlie Sheen's ideas about 9/11. It is non-fiction, about the real janitor that saved lives that day with the master key. It's about the janitor, who happened to be cooky in the brain. Besides, this is old news, and I've got a feeling it's got a bit of baloney mixed in. Go to IMDB, the only movie that is to be released with him starring in the future is "foodfight!"

This, is more telling of what he thinks:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72852690653060

I will admit, that it looks a bit like a controlled demolition when you see how the floors cascade, but knowing the structure of the building, it was just part of the way it collapsed, it was not a demolition.

Am I spoiling a good story?
Mar 24, 2007, 09:23 AM
Random Pic #23982
Building failure = collapse.
Controlled demolition = collapse.
Godzilla pushing a building over = movies.

Can you spot the one that doesn't belong.
Mar 24, 2007, 11:15 AM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
I just love some of the posts on that article...especialy Mr. "Licensed Structural Engineer." Guess he never heard of Chimney Effect......also, I have heard that quite a few major urban areas have plans on hand for demolition of large structures to be used if they are heavily damaged by fire/storm and are posing a safety hazard to nearby buildings.......
Mar 24, 2007, 06:35 PM
Go get them Meg!
Charlie Sheen is a guy who gets paid $400,000 per week (and is constantly reasured that he is right on every subject) because he is a funny actor who draws in a very profitable audience.

I credit the astuteness of his opinion of world events about as much as I credit the astuteness of GWB's analysis of acting.
Mar 24, 2007, 08:06 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
I credit the astuteness of his opinion of world events about as much as I credit the astuteness of GWB's analysis of acting.
I didn't quite catch this at first. But are you saying an actors opinion of the art of acting is more valid than the average customer that watches that acting?
Mar 24, 2007, 09:25 PM
Go get them Meg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
I didn't quite catch this at first. But are you saying an actors opinion of the art of acting is more valid than the average customer that watches that acting?

Absolutely, assuming they are an actor who can act.

Do you think that the "average person's" opinion of home construction is just as valid as a carpenter's?
Mar 24, 2007, 09:26 PM
Vertical Wake
Who is the best to judge a cake?

The chef or the person who eats it?
Mar 24, 2007, 09:27 PM
Go get them Meg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
Who is the best to judge a cake?

The chef or the person who eats it?
The chef who eats it.
Mar 24, 2007, 09:29 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Absolutely, assuming they are an actor who can act.
That's why I asked. So now you have to wonder, if an actor says they are a good actor, how do you know, because they could suck and not know/believe it.
Mar 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
Go get them Meg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
That's why I asked. So now you have to wonder, if an actor says they are a good actor, how do you know, because they could suck and not know/believe it.

That's why actors generally can't hire themselves onto a movie. If an actor gets to the level where he can do such a thing, then it is because he is either a good actor in that he can act, or in that he can draw box office and made someone else wealthy.

Additionally, even a carpenter who thinks he is good can be bad enough that even an "average person" can tell he is not.
Mar 24, 2007, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
But we are not talking about giving a job to oneself.

You said that an actor is a better judge of good acting. I think acting is one of those things that is better judged by those that watch it, of course, that includes those in the acting profession.
Mar 24, 2007, 09:39 PM
Vertical Wake
Hey ' Dog

What sound projects are you working on now?
Mar 24, 2007, 09:42 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
That's why actors generally can't hire themselves onto a movie. If an actor gets to the level where he can do such a thing, then it is because he is either a good actor in that he can act, or in that he can draw box office and made someone else wealthy.

Additionally, even a carpenter who thinks he is good can be bad enough that even an "average person" can tell he is not.
Kevin Costner comes to mind.
Although I sometimes don't enjoy his acting, he definitely draws the box office.

Quick Reply