Oct 12, 2002, 01:00 AM
Thread OP

Wide Angle Lens For Mini Pencam

Any ideas on how to convert the pencam lens to wide angle? If a small wide angle lens could be found, it looks like it would be quite simple to make a custom barrel with threads. Just unscrew the stock lens/barrel and screw in the custom wide angle lens/barrel. Thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2002, 10:56 PM
Look! Up in the sky!
The 9.8mm F3 lens is already fairly wide angle. I'm afraid with any smaller focal length you'd start to introduce unacceptable abberations at the edges. Of course there are super high quality lenses available for a thousand bucks or so...

I can see it now, a $2,000 Zeiss apochromatic microscope lens on a $60 camera.
Oct 13, 2002, 07:58 AM

Wide angle option....

With a little elbow grease, you could fit a wide angle converter on top of your camera's lens. A Tiffen 0.7X unit costs $39.95. Its not $ 2000.00 dollars but it does the job.

Search any well stocked camera shop, used camera store or an online retailer like bhphotovideo.com for a:

Tiffen
MegaPlus 30mm 0.7x Wide Angle Converter lens
Price $34.95

I'm sure there are cheaper units for digicams and camcorders available out there.

A 0.7 wide angle converter attaches to the front of your lens and will give a 30% wider angle of view. It is essential that you are able to fabricate a secure adpater to fit the lens in front of your camera.

Rgds, JT
Last edited by juantrinidad; Oct 13, 2002 at 08:06 AM.
Oct 13, 2002, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
http://www02.bhphotovideo.com/defaul...ID=F1180AA4520

Thanks I might give it a try.

Quick Reply