Mar 21, 2007, 09:23 PM
Trader Rating: 25
www.silentflyers.com
Thread OP
Question

any problems with Lipo packs from Nitroplanes.com

I ordered two 1600 MaH, 3S, 15C lipo packs from Notroplanes.com. The first set of packs arrived damaged. Both were puffed out - one was severely puffed out. Thes packs are off brand packs that come from accross the pond.

Nitroplanes agreed to send me two more packs. These packs looked good but one read 7 volts and the other read 5 volts. I confirmed the unbalanced condition with my Ultra Balancer.

Waiting to hear what the next steps are.

Has anybody out there purchased or had problems with Nitroplaned packs?

I assume I shouldn't try to charge these packs - even with my Blancer.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2007, 09:31 PM
Trader Rating: 28
Inciting Riots
Maybe charge them outside where they can't burn anything, and use disposable charging equipment. Keep a camera recording while you do it, just in case of a good fire.
Mar 21, 2007, 11:23 PM
Trader Rating: 82
Frankenstein recycled packs
Don't charge them. They are defective. Try to work it out with them, maybe they can test the next ones before they ship them to you.

Rick
www.commonsenserc.com
Mar 22, 2007, 06:37 AM
www.silentflyers.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman
Don't charge them. They are defective. Try to work it out with them, maybe they can test the next ones before they ship them to you.

Rick
www.commonsenserc.com
Thanks Rick. I have bought packs from you before and have been extremely happy. I was thinking of sending this question to Commonsenserc direcctly but didn't. So I am glad you responded here.

I bought these packs on a whim when I ordered a plane from Nitroplanes. I guess you get what you pay for.
Mar 22, 2007, 11:53 PM
Trader Rating: 49
Electric Coolhunter
The Nitroplanes ARFs are kinda low end...that would be a warning sign for anything from them.....
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
Mar 23, 2007, 09:46 AM
www.silentflyers.com
Thread OP
I have been happy with the ARFs I have gotten from Nitroplanes. My only complaint is their instructions are severely lacking. But if you have built some ARFs in the past, you can get through the build. Their lipos sure are low end though. I am sending them back for a refund.

Quick Reply