Still no Savage! - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 21, 2007, 09:44 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Discussion

Still no Savage!

I've been having so much fun with the planes and the helicopter as of late that I still haven't put the new engine in the HPI Savage! I'm amazed at the thought; back before I got hooked on flying thingies, I'd have been all over that.

Cars, planes, boats or whatever, one thing is clear: R/C brings out the most curious and fascinated folks. Putting a bird in the air at the soccer park is guaranteed to start a conversation with a person or persons who want in on the fun and I have to tell you, I'm more than happy to oblige. The gentleman who co-owns the company I work for is getting hooked and darn quick. He bought a Hirobo Sky Robo indoor helicopter for his dad a while back and they proceeded with merry abandon to bounce it off the walls with a combination of over-controlling and tweaking of the gyro and trim pots...!

Pleased to say that I not only got the Hirobo flying straight again, its purchaser bought himself Realflight G3.5 and may be buyng himself a HobbyZone Super Cub! He, his four-year-old son and his folks were at the field this past Sunday and were they ever blown away. His dad actually used to fly B-29's...he is really fired up.

Apparently, those individuals who paid upwards of $10,000 to be the first to get themselves a PlayStation 3 have never seen a real, live, powered model streaking across sky, ground or water. Too bad, too.

Ten grand buys a LOT of hobby stuff.

What a wonderful pastime we have, no?
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Mar 26, 2007 at 10:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts