Mar 19, 2007, 09:52 AM
Crazy Charlie
Thread OP
Discussion

Ordering form SIG?

Has anyone ever ordered directly from the SIG site? What is their delivery time? Is it slow like a lot of other manufacture sites?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2007, 12:02 PM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
All I've bought is balsa. It was about 7 years ago and it arrived surface mail/UPS in under a week.

- Roger
Mar 19, 2007, 12:15 PM
Crazy Charlie
Thread OP
cool! I placed an order and they keep an order update page for you with the status of your order. It went from processing to packed in about and hour so it should be here fairly quick I hope.
Mar 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
I have ordered directly from SIG

SIG charges full ist price to internet/mail orders. Its thier policy to ensure that if there is a local hobby supplier the local merchant CAN beat the mail order/internet price.

They ship quickly. Never had a problem ordering through them. There are some things that you can order direct that you can't get easilly through the local hobby shop. (far quicker to get a canopy or cowl to order direct than having the hobby shop order it)

If you have a local hobby shop that orders from SIG frequently, you'd save shipping and get it cheaper... about a week extra time vs direct.
Mar 19, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'm also happy to hear that as well. For years I have had the urge to build a Herr Aqua Star but never have I been able to find one in the shops I frequent and I never think to have one ordered. It would never fly off water--I just like the way it looks.

Now that my LHS is no more I guess my only hope is to order direct.

BM
Mar 20, 2007, 07:06 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
I ordered a Something Extra and it came rather quickly. Interestingly it was cheaper than ordering from Tower.

Quick Reply