Mar 15, 2007, 05:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flying at a field.

I've gotten good enough that i can fly at the athletic fields next door to my house even with moderate winds. Yesterday I was flying and there was a pee-wee foot ball team practicing in the adjacent field.

I was doing patterns, spins and flying 40 feet up when I noticed practice had ended (so I thought) and all the kids were watching me fly, cool!. Then the coach came over and tapped me on the shoulder, I landed and he said: "I don't mean to seem rude but, we're trying to get these kids focused on practice but they just want to watch you fly this thing. Would you mind moving a couple of fields dow so they can't see you?, by the way that thing is cool."

No problem of course and I did but it was cool having such an interested audience. Just thought I'd pass that along, nice experience.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2007, 06:30 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Yep, helis are a people magnets.
Mar 15, 2007, 06:57 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Cute story. Guess it would be hard to get the kids to watch the ball with a heli in sight.

klondikes
Mar 16, 2007, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Wow, 70 degrees 2 days ago and now 12 inches of snow. Back to trimming exorcises in the basement.
Mar 16, 2007, 07:17 PM
21st Century Space Cowboy
If it's stopped snowing and there's no wind outside, Camp then go fly above the 12 inches of snow! LOL

At least the coach had the manners to ask you politely about moving.

NEWSFLASH - helis are cooler than football!
Mar 16, 2007, 11:18 PM
lol - same here camp

where do you live??

frederick, MD here....
Mar 16, 2007, 11:43 PM
Advanced Learner
Yeah, I got the snow, too... I'm about a half-hour north of Philly and we must've gotten 4 inches of sleet! It's awful! I went to clear off my car, and it was like a whole bunch of sand was dumped on top of it...

Now I get to go back up to Penn State where there's probably a good 6-12" of snow...
Mar 17, 2007, 04:09 PM
These CX2's are definitely people magnets!

When I fly in my driveway, people stop their cars, roll down their windows and watch. Most ask if it's difficult. Some want to know what kind it is.

It makes my flying much more enjoyable whan I can pass it on to others

Quick Reply