This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 15, 2007, 01:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Alpha F-86

Just finished my Alpha F-86, Instead of getting the clear plastic covers for the inlet, I decided to try using gorilla glue to fill the front of the fuselage inlet to stiffen it. It worked quite well, however being the first time I used it, I used too much and had to scrape as it expanded, I did wind up having to trim about 1/8" of the front of the fuse foam to allow it to seat back all the way into the plane, but it is pretty stiff now I did use a roll of Photo paper with some silver mylar around it to extend the std duct to exit the rear of the
plane and smooth the exit a bit.

I've set it up with the mp jet motor, and TP1320 pack, AUW is 15.9 oz.

We'll see if it flies as well as my Mig.

Frank
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2007, 01:15 PM
Suspended Account
Looking good.

Best of luck on the maiden.

Will
Last edited by willhaney; Mar 16, 2007 at 05:30 PM.
Mar 16, 2007, 05:29 PM

Nice F-86!

Hi I'm building an F-86 too. It's from Fan-tastic Models and a foamy. I'm almost finished with it. I used Gorilla glue instead of the epoxy and it worked well but it does expand. It takes a while to set but after 4 hours it's fully cured and amazingly it's water proof. The Gorilla glue label said it would work on foam and it was right. Good Flying!
Mar 16, 2007, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the comments, looks like they stopped producing the F-86, I was seriously looking at getting the Panther, as I've always like Bridges at toko Ri, I've got a bunch of the cox warbirds, and this would go well with them.

Frank

Quick Reply