Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by RCHSF
Help!

I want to set my TX Timer, for Lipo run time

Yeah guys I have been flying/hovering, yeah hovering more like it. How long did most of you guys, stay on tail-in, before, going to side-in, and nose-in.

I'm getting pretty desent on hovering tail-in, and I'll try and swing it around to side-in for a few seconds, and then pull out, back to tail-in.

But the main reason for makeing this post was to ask how many minuts, I should be getting out of a 11.1v 800mAh li-po, and staying on the safe side.

Should I get 10 minuts, or more.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2007, 03:14 PM
Find More Posts by p4ddy
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Can't answer your question but i'll be in the same boat shortley & i was thinking of getting a lipo alarm. I've seen some mention them & they seem like a fool proof option
Old Mar 15, 2007, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by RCHSF
As soon as I get all the use out of these 800mah packs, I'm going to get some 910's, or 1230,s. I believe I'll just set my jr 8103's timer, to 10 minuts, it will alarm at 30 seconds. And I'll just grab another pack. So far I have 3 800mah lipo, as long as they last. lol
Old Mar 15, 2007, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
The only way to know how long to set your timer is to use a charger that tells you how many mAh goes back into the battery when you recharge, fly for (say) 5 minutes, then do the math after you recharge to see how long you can safely fly.

I make it my policy to never discharge my packs beyond 80% of their capacity, for longest service life. For an 800 pack, that means I shouldn't be putting in more than 640 mAh at recharge.

-Chris
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by av8r
...the wind usually blows
I go by the resting voltage. I fly my E-flite 3S 800mAH pack for 9 minutes on my stock Blade CP Pro. That usually takes the pack's resting voltage down to 11.2V - 11.3V which is as low as I like to go in order to take good care of the packs. I fly my DN Power 3S 900mAH and TP 3S 910mAH packs for 10 minutes down to about the same resting voltage. I'm mostly hovering, just beginning to fly around a little.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by RCHSF
Thanks, I lowered my timer to 9 minutes. I'm doing about the same as you av8r, I'm getting pretty good hovering tail-in, and also doing a little forward flight, backwards, and side2side. I have tryed to start doing some side-in, but checken out pretty quick, and nose-in, I dont think so, not yet.

I have been at itfor about 3-4 week, but in the last week, I have done pretty good. I have managed to hover complete packs, and staying air born, for the full pack, afew times.

I hope that in afew more weeks, I'll be getting the side-in, andnose-in, down pat.
Also I usely get 3 packs a-day in. Sometime more.