Jan 15, 2009, 01:20 PM
Warbirds Lover
Hi !

This is a small foamy FG1-D Corsair i built for a friend.

It's a GWS unpainted model i have "customised" to increase the resemblance with the original model.

This small Corsair fly like a trainer
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2009, 01:39 PM
Warbirds Lover
This is not a WWII warbird but she's a warbird all the same :

My first pusher jet was this scratchbuilt F-14 Tomcat (Steve shumate's design).

This Tomcat is a fantastic flyer fitted with an amasing folding wings system.
She's not very hard to build so if you don't ever have one and if the weather outside is too cold to go flying... i recommand you to build this model, you will never regrets !!!

This is a video i've made with films of her second and third flights
(Sorry for the first minute of film, i had to make an intro to my small movie but i had no film or picture of my Tomcat's take off )

F14 R/C Parkjet - TOP FUN - (5 min 16 sec)

Regards

D.
Last edited by Dreamcatcher; Jan 19, 2009 at 06:49 AM.
Jan 15, 2009, 01:49 PM
Both are very nice planes. I like your Corsair for the time and skill used to make it look scale. I like your Tomcat also. Looks great in the air. I have that on my build plans in the future after a few others. I built Steve Shumates Fokker Dr-1 and it is a nice design from Steve also. Good luck.
**Neons** Bob
Jan 15, 2009, 01:59 PM
Look out! Too late....

Hellcat

This is my version of a F6 Hellcat. I found several diagrams both top view and side views on the internet I used Google Sketchup 7 to resize them and PostrRazor to tile the drawing to be printed on my printer. The plane is constructed from 30" x 20" redi-board that I easily striped by spraying Greased Lightning on both sides. The paper fell off in 5 minutes or so. I used a KF1m airfoil on this plane.

Wing Span: 30"
Length: 21"
AUW 14oz
Motor:2712-17
Servos: Tower Pro 9g
ESC: Suppo 20A
Receiver: Suppo 6 channel
Battery 1000mAH 11.1 volt Lipo

Fun to build and fly!

Gary
Jan 15, 2009, 02:41 PM
What are you guys using to paint the EPP and depron?

Can I use Createx water based airbrush paint?
Like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Primary-Colors...3A1%7C294%3A50
Jan 15, 2009, 03:25 PM
I use Walmart Creative acrylic paint as cheap as $.44 over here. You can also visit Crafts stores. I like them because of thinning with water or alcohol. I finise with MiniWx waterbase Polycrylic matte or gloss. I may have to mix blends if the shade is not correct.
For stripes I use color packing tapes in many colors. Tape it to waxed glass and with a straight edge cut the width needed witha sharp razor.

Decals are printed from photos or downloads in RC groups. Google up Waterslide decal paper in white or clear for the printer. Size up with th Ruler in a good photo program then print and coat with a light spray of enamel clear and let dry.
**Neons** Bob
Last edited by **neons**; Jan 15, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
Jan 16, 2009, 02:11 PM
I found this thread.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311038

Perfect. I've used waterslide decals to put my logo on my custom guitar headstocks.
I never thought about Walmart for the acrylic paint. I believe the Creative paints have a special thinner you can buy as well as a cleaner for the airbrush.
I found a beautiful airplane I want to use as the basis for my EPP 3D plane so I'll also be getting some of that clear contact paper from Walmart as well.

Thanks again.
Jan 16, 2009, 04:29 PM
Kiss the Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
This is not a WWII warbird but she's a warbird all the same :

My first pusher jet was this scratchbuilt F-14 Tomcat (Steve shumate's design).
Fantastic model, fantastic video!! Well done Dreamcatcher!!
Jan 16, 2009, 04:47 PM
I just got an order of waterslide clear and white decal paper in from Ebay. I also got a sheet of Viynl which I want to try as it is waterproof. She does not charge fo shipping in the States fo orders over $10. Good deal.
http://stores.ebay.com/CAROLS-CREATI...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
I make all my decals now.
**Neons** Bob
Jan 16, 2009, 05:41 PM
Flying high
Hello,
I have started making warbirds using chuck glider wings and scrap epp packing foam. So far I have a Mustang and a P-40. My mustang was first so it's a little rough (and I shortened the tail since this pic), but both fly great and I am getting ready to start on my next one!

Here is the Mustang in action!

(3 min 32 sec)
Jan 16, 2009, 05:46 PM
Warbirds Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8rboi99
What are you guys using to paint the EPP and depron?
I use Tamiya or Prince august water based paints (mixed with about 50% surgical alcool when i use airbrush) and sometimes some Revel/Enamel oil based paint (mixed with 50% White Spirit when i use airbrush)

I used PEBEO water based paints too

Regards

D.
Jan 17, 2009, 04:31 AM
Dreamcther The movie and your KITTY is werrry nice! I love it!
Jan 17, 2009, 04:42 AM
Dreamcther The movie and your KITTY is werrry nice! I love it!

Hi billwhit! Ithink your p-51 is tail heavy a bit , or the axies of the motor is not point down enaught, or maybe the pilot fly style was bit to pump.
Jan 17, 2009, 05:26 AM
Living a Dream
Thank you Dreamcatcher, thatīs a great video!!

TOP FUN !
Jan 19, 2009, 06:06 AM
Warbirds Lover
Thank you all,

I'm happy you enjoyed it. I had fun to do it and i still have big fun each time i fly my F-14

Once my pusher prop Alphajet project will be finished , i think i will try to design a Mig-29 for a friend and be able to do some fake "air combat"... may be another video ?
Last edited by Dreamcatcher; Jan 19, 2009 at 06:13 AM.

Quick Reply