Esky King V2 Thread - RC Groups
Mar 12, 2007, 10:52 PM
Rave heaven
Discussion

Esky King V2 Thread

Hey Everyone, I just got the Esky King V2 today from helidirect.com. Rarebare helped me get one of the only two he had right now. Super fast shipping too. Ordered on Fri and got it on MON.

Ok, here it goes. I opened up the package and it looked awesome. Everything looked neatly packed. But for some reason, mine came in a Esky King V1 box. I checked everything and it was all fine. I first checked to see the belt and the tail boom and it looked fine. Not too small. Then I ballenced all the blades and the paddles. All of them were in really good balence. Then I put together the skids and the tail support. They were very stiff. Also, I really liked the new frame and the battery has a lot of room and I'm gonna be getting some velco to secure it better. I also got a heatsink for the stock motor with this RTF kit. I don't know if the V1 kit had one or not. I'll be testing with the stock motor and then i'll be installing the Esky BL motor with the Dynam ESC I also ordered. I also ordered a extra Dynam 1250 mah LIPO. The pinion i'll be using is the 11T. I'll also be soldering on some deans connectors for the heli.

There were a few differences between the V1 and the V2. The skids look more robust and more sturdy and are more like the "superskids". Also, it is 1 cm longer I think due to a bit of a longer frame. Next, the frame is brand new and is the Cool frame. It might be a little smaller, i've never seen a Esky Cool before. Last, is that the Heli is Belt drive now and now shaft drive like the V1.

I haven't gotten a chance to fly it yet but everything looks great. I need to get a few more supplies before I can fly but it looks promising. This heli will accually be stock sometime around the end of March so look out for it. I'll probably be flying by this weekend if not next weekend. I'm not sure because it is gonna get warm in IL and then all of a sudden drop in temp again.

Now, the fun part. THE PICTURES!!!

The Heli in the Box

The Box and some other things I ordered

The whole box with what was included

some other goodies I ordered

Heli with wat was included

Esky BL motor with motor leads included

Dynam ESC

Deans Connectors

Extra Battery

Front of Heli with the canopy on

Just the canopy

Sides of the frame with the belt drive system

Tail Assembly

Gyro and the tail boom with servo

The V2 head( looks the same as the V1)

Please COMMENT and if there are any questions, please post. Also, If there are any other pictures you want to see, feel free to ask and I'll post them.

Thanks Everybody
Last edited by helitaiwan963; Jul 11, 2007 at 11:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2007, 12:14 AM
Hi helitaiwan,

Nice heli you got there, pls post some fllight reports when you get to fly it. It's better if can compare with the v1. (I have a v1 and it's already not bad for me) Btw, is the tail boom the same diameter to the v1? Cuz if it is, the belt must be very small(thin).

Thanks for the post and nice pics, awaiting your further comments on this bird.

Happy flying!
Best regards,
Rich
Mar 13, 2007, 01:17 AM
Nice Heli !

It would be great if you would post its weight.

I have a V1 and have been going on a weight saving program.

I managed to save 1/2 oz. (14 gm.) over stock by changing my stock brushed motor with an inline brushless. (Hover time went from 6 min. to 11 min. on a 3s 1000mah lipoly battery)

Another 1/2 oz. with a single conversion receiver.

Another 1/2 oz. with a Telebee HH gyro.

All up weight with 3s 450mah. lipo cells (5.5 min hover) 375 gm.

Weight with 3s 1000 mah cells approx 400 gm.

I also have a Honeybee Belt CP, which is considerably heavier.

I'd love to get a V2.
Mar 13, 2007, 03:41 AM
If they were smart they would have done a T-rex diameter boom. The belt to boom space concearns me, maybe it will be fine.

At any rate, it looks like it will be easy to make a cool into a belt drive by buying a few parts, and getting a longer belt.

My shaft driven cool is still going strong after a few mods...

Dylan
Mar 13, 2007, 09:29 AM
I've been waiting to hear more about this heli...
Mar 13, 2007, 09:39 AM
How much did you pay for the V2 and do you think the extra money is worth it?
Any problem with spare parts supply?

Edit: Does it have a EK2-0704 or EK2-0704A gyro?
Last edited by AndY1; Mar 13, 2007 at 10:02 AM.
Mar 13, 2007, 02:12 PM
key
key
Looks great - I just couldn't wait and went with the King V1 - I wonder how much they'll sell a barebones V2 for?

P.S. Is that an aluminum mainshaft?
Mar 13, 2007, 04:39 PM
So, you think it's a new main frame, with idlers, pulley, belt, and tail pulley that makes up the difference? Kind of looks like a "cool" frame.... Will be interesting to see how much the spare parts are and who carries them. It may be fairly easy to upgrade to the belt drive...

Mike
Mar 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
key
key
After thinking about it, that's probably a SS mainshaft. They sell SS mainshafts for the King at HeliDirect.

Here:
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1813
Mar 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
Slowly Approaching 1,000
Maybe its me or the angle the pictures were taken, but the tail looks awefully short in comparison to the body. I'm wondering if it may be in need of a stretch job on that thing. I'll look at the specs, rotor, OverAllLength (OAL) and tail rotor dia when I can to see how its proportioned. Beautiful steal though helitaiwan, nice start.
Mar 13, 2007, 06:35 PM
Rave heaven
Thanks Everyone. I'll weigh the heli and post it up. The belt doen't seem to be much of a problem since it's running really smooth. I'll be converting to my BL system once I get the 11T pinion from helidirect.

Andy1: I'm not gonna say anything about the pricing but it is more than the RTF King V1. It's also got the regular gyro. not the HH gyro.

Philosophicle 1: Well, the tail isn't shorter. the tail boom is the same length as the V1 version.

The snow is finally melting here and I hope to try it out this weekend if it's not too windy. I hope the ground drys up too. The grass is soaked around here.

I'll post up the weight. Anything else anyone wants to know about? Feel free to ask.

Later
Mar 13, 2007, 06:51 PM
The RED filters through
I'd like to hear a "review" of how it flys/operates as it comes out of the box - stock - BEFORE anything is done to it. Otherwise it's not a true review.
Mar 13, 2007, 09:13 PM
Rave heaven
Ok, New update on the weight of the King V2

474 grams with the stock 1000 mah esky lipo

478 grams with the 1250 mah dynam lipo

The blades are 275 mm per blade.

Anything else? I'll be doing a little flying this weekend hopfully if the weather is good. I'll try this baby out for the first time. Feel free to ask more things.
Mar 13, 2007, 09:17 PM
Rave heaven
Ok Red talon. I'll be sure to do that. I'll do everything with the stock supplies first if i get around to flying this weekend. Just relies on the weather being good. Thend I'll tell you guys what going down. O yea. I'll be using deans connectors too when they arrive here from helidirect.

I have a question on the deans though. I do have one paire right now and they are SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER tight. I can put them togther with some force but i can't take them apart wiht my bare hands. I have to use some plaiers. Don't worry. they aren't soldered on yet. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks everyone.
Mar 13, 2007, 09:23 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
The weight seems about the same as what everyone ended up with on their V1 kings after upgrades.. I would expect average weight to be between 460-510 grams based on the numbers your giving. The climbout should be about the same as a King V1 with upgraded landing gear. It should give you very sporty performance, don't expect insane 3D given the disk loading but it should prove to be a good Blade / CP2 replacement down at the park..

When are the Bare bones kits comming, 90% of potential buyers are going to be looking for the BB version..

cheers,
Ray