Apr 05, 2007, 03:12 PM
The sky is my playground.
I'm impressed...I take a break from painting my house and looky what I see. I gotta call. Hobby-lobby. Yeah!!!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2007, 07:08 PM
ADC Vinyl
Can anyone measure the Alfa wheels that come with the retract kit? I am looking for a dia. in inches. I am getting the Alfa retract setup, but a different brand of wheel, just need to get as close as I can to the dia.

Thanks.
Apr 06, 2007, 10:35 AM
Who else orderd one?
Apr 06, 2007, 12:36 PM
Death and Taxes
I plan on ordering one once they go on sale. Its one I would like to add to the hanger eventually.
Apr 06, 2007, 12:38 PM
3DHS Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptmachining
I plan on ordering one once they go on sale. Its one I would like to add to the hanger eventually.

they are on sale

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/spitfire.htm
Apr 06, 2007, 12:51 PM
Death and Taxes
800Mzero,

I seen that they are on sale, but I mean when they are discounted.

Thanks man

Jimmy
Apr 06, 2007, 04:30 PM
Dert Farmur
They're kinda on sale indirectly, depending on if you can get over $150 or $500 on your order...

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/save5to100.htm
Apr 06, 2007, 05:23 PM
Let er Rip
Harv,

I wish I hadn't just seen your last post, it made me push the button. Outa control again.... . $25.00 is $25.00, my reasoning.

Got this Sopwith almost done. Then I really need get busy finishing up the KMP B25, then I got the FSK Mosquito, then this thing...selling other stuff like crazy to make room.

Jim
Apr 06, 2007, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptmachining
800Mzero,

I seen that they are on sale, but I mean when they are discounted.

Thanks man

Jimmy
They only get discounted if Hobby-lobby is trying to get rid of inventory. This wont happen on this plane for a very, very long time if ever since Spitfires are very popular planes.
If you want one, you better get it now...sicne there is a sale depending on total amount of order. You can get $10 off simply buy getting the plane itself. Spend another $18 and you get $25 off.
Apr 06, 2007, 07:25 PM
Dert Farmur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot44
Harv,

I wish I hadn't just seen your last post, it made me push the button. Outa control again.... . $25.00 is $25.00, my reasoning.

Got this Sopwith almost done. Then I really need get busy finishing up the KMP B25, then I got the FSK Mosquito, then this thing...selling other stuff like crazy to make room.

Jim
Meh heh heh heh...nothing more fun than linking to a sale to push someone else over the edge. We lemmings shall all go over the same cliff together eventually.
Apr 06, 2007, 08:20 PM
I'm sure your wife says the same thing...."But Honey, it was on sale.."
Apr 06, 2007, 09:02 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
That is a nice looking retract system.

Dave
Apr 06, 2007, 09:03 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot44
Got to say, very innovative system they use for the retracts. But if you ask me, and who's asking.. . Looks real binding friendly, could be wrong, mind you. We'll see. This is a no spin zone.

Have a look see at the step by step pictorial on Alfa's website

http://www.alfamodel.cz/index.htm

Jim
I meant to quote this post.

Dave
Apr 06, 2007, 11:24 PM
Death and Taxes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
I'm sure your wife says the same thing...."But Honey, it was on sale.."

Yeah, she likes a bargain, thats for sure! Its a heck of a tool to use when sweet talking, and I did go that way about 8 planes ago. Now its me saying, I promise this is the last one...I said that like 3 planes ago. I would love to pull the trigger on this one, but I'm gonna have to hold off. Maybe toward the end of the year when I see what the profits are for the business (hopefully there is a profit). If I can bring home enough money, maybe she will see that i've bennifited the family and I can toss a couple more planes in the hanger I've got 2 alfas sitting in the closet ready to be done once my other two retire. Got a razorback and a corsair sitting in there. Open them up every now and again. Would like to have that spit sitting in there. I may just make some room for it, and pull the trigger.... AAAHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!
Apr 07, 2007, 06:37 AM
Do what you gotta do. Thankfully, I have don't have to worry about buying another plane...(a little bragging here) but I haven't received a single complaint yet about my airforce. She gets her pocketbooks, and I get my planes.