Mar 05, 2007, 01:10 PM
Thread OP
New Product

RBC kits / Offshore minifan P-80

A quick visit to the RBC kits website showed that RBC will very soon offer a complete CNC cut kit of the Offshore P-80!

Thomas
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2007, 01:39 PM
Oh great, right after I finish converting my T-33 plans to wood construction! I've sent out one set to someone for an alpha build. Mine can be set up for retracts, although I've yet to resize the parts.

the Offshore is a pretty scale outline but the short kit I ordered years ago was severely lacking in detail! A kit will make it easier I assume.
Mar 05, 2007, 03:08 PM
go fly! no crashes!
Damn! how big is yours Ed?
Mar 05, 2007, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synwpn
Damn! how big is yours Ed?
It's the same length as the Kyosho fuselage, 37.1 inches long, span 38.8 inches. This one is much more scale in outline and cross section, but inlets are enlarged a bit as is the tail. I don't have time to build one that size but I think the plans will go together ok. Needs strip planking in some areas with all of the curves.

I almost built the offshore short kit I had, but there was so little detail on the plan and I couldn't figure out the alignment method for the fuseleage during the build, now looking at the plans recently I think maybe it was to be some music wire rods. 75 bucks for some rough plans, a few bulkheads (with no stringer slots), and a canopy. I'm sure the RBC kit will be a much better value and that's good.
Mar 05, 2007, 09:18 PM
go fly! no crashes!
yeah. hmmm, i wouldnt mind going up in size a little. something to take a 90mm. should have enough space for the minigears EJF or JHH has.
Mar 06, 2007, 02:03 AM
Thread OP
The orignal Offshore plans used two fuselage halves built over a keel - old stick-and-tissue style but strip planked - then joined. I've had the plans on the back burner for about a year :/
The Offshore shortkit offers full width formers and an optional cut and planked foam core wing. Not sure about the fuse alignment here though. Probably rods like Ed suggests.

The new RBC kit is redesigned according to their website. New built up wing, and possibly changed fuse wrt alignment...

Thomas
Mar 06, 2007, 12:07 PM
Well Synwpn with luck I'll have my 90mm scratcbuilt T-33 at CA Jets. I layed up a new nose and will graft it onto the original fuselage (nose #3 it will be, #1 crash was inverted flat spin, top heavy due to battery in canopy, #2 was radio lockout on final approach, so new version will have an Spektrum reciever).

I want to redesign some bulkheads and go with a larger size so inlets don't have to be cheated so much and also the exhaust could be closer to scale diameter instead of having a fat butt!

Here's a pic of my plan. Makes me want to build one but so many other projects...
Mar 06, 2007, 02:46 PM
go fly! no crashes!
that looks cool Ed! Hopefully we'll see pics of her flying at CA Jets!

Let me know when you get around to kits or start looking for beta testers. I need to finish the Mig25 and then the mods to the F-18 from you. Looks like both will be flying before summer though!
Mar 06, 2007, 05:06 PM
Barry mentioned you might be coming to CA jets with him?
Mar 06, 2007, 06:44 PM
go fly! no crashes!
i wish! the original plan was to fly into the bay area and twist his arm to go, but work has intruded and i'm short guys here so i won't be able to make it this year.

if they keep it around the same time next year, i can make it provided i have enough lead time to plan schedules here.
Mar 09, 2007, 10:27 AM

RBC kits are in!

This morning I received the very first batch of the new RBC kits.

This is what you finally get: All wood needed, formers and ribs CNC milled from either ply or balsa, canopy, the original offshore plan plus a second plan for the built up wing.
A little drawback may be, that currently the instruction comes in german on CD, but I heard that Ton will start a building thread here soon.

Wingspan is 1100 mm, length 1000 mm, Mini Fan and 3-4 Lipos.
AUW about 1100 grams.

Price in Europe is 119 Euro, or 100 Euro outside Europe.
In march we run a special where we sell a bundle of P-80, Mini Fan 480 and HET2W20 for 198 EUR in Europe or 166,39 Euro export, plus shipping.

All items in stock.

Oliver
Mar 09, 2007, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Looks nice Oliver - thanks for sharing!
Great combo deal as well!

Thomas
Mar 09, 2007, 11:43 AM
I thought this was for a Midi Fan? Mini will be very though!
Mar 09, 2007, 01:19 PM
Well that kit looks pretty nice!
Mar 09, 2007, 01:44 PM
Tear down the WALL!

that design deserves it...

now it gets a third life!
I can assure you, it flies great and a BL MiniFan is just right.

cheers,
RD

Quick Reply