Mar 04, 2007, 01:31 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Paprika

Anyone flying the Paprika sold by Infinity RC? Looks interesting.
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=1167

Steve
Last edited by FlaFlyer; Mar 22, 2007 at 09:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2007, 10:20 AM
Thread OP
I ordered one today. I'll keep those interested posted.

Steve
Mar 05, 2007, 10:37 AM
Great price......tell us what you think when it arrives...

Mike
Mar 05, 2007, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Great price......

Mike
Great price? I honestly thought it was a typo...

If it builds and flys as good as the photos, it will be the new Omei and the screamin' deal of '07.

RClams
Mar 05, 2007, 10:57 AM
Don't fly over your head!!!
Hmm... Interesting...

2 meter, ~555 sq in wing area, about 12 oz/sq ft loading (at their indicated AUW).
Balsa sheeted styro wing. Ball linkage for V-tail.
Hopefully it comes with all that hardware -like the motormount shown, ball links, servo covers and linkages.
Would be nice to see some carbon in that glass fuselage, but it seems like a lot of plane for $133.33!

-Steve -How much was the shipping??
Mar 05, 2007, 01:29 PM
Thread OP
I agree on the carbon in the fuse and the wing. I didn't see any in the photos and it would be nice. We'll just have to wait and see if it needs some.

The shipping was $26.67. I don't think that's too bad especially if the order confirmation is correct and it's here in "2-5 business days".

Steve
Mar 05, 2007, 04:18 PM
I was following this thread yesterday in hopes that someone had some experience with it or had atleast seen it, it sure looks nice. Keep us updated, it sure looks like it'll be a nice plane.
Mar 06, 2007, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
I received the following e-mail at 4:37am EST; "We have sent your products via EMS this afternoon on 3/6". This would appear that the plane was shipped from Asia. or at least on the other side of the International Date Line. We'll see how long it takes to get to Florida.

Steve
Mar 09, 2007, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
When I arrived home this afternoon there was a big cardboard box sitting on my work bench. My wife had to sign for it via USPS as it was sent signed receipt requested. They were right on with their estimate of 2-5 business days. The box was in pretty good condition with just a few "bruises and lacerations".

Upon opening the outer box, I found the box the model is normally sold in to be in excellent condition w/o any damage.

The model was packed very much like other Asian built models with everything packed in plastic bags and supported by cardboard.

After inspecting the "big pieces" everything looked undamaged and in good condition.

Tomorrow I will give it a closer look and post some more photos and thoughts on quality and fit. So far it looks to be at least on par with a Monton that I help one of the guys at our field put together, perhaps better.

For those wondering, this is definitely NOT a hotliner. It was advertised as an E-glider and IMHO that's what it is.

More tomorrow.

Best,
Steve
Mar 09, 2007, 09:10 PM
Don't fly over your head!!!
Looks great! Thanks for the Pics--keep'em coming.
That was some fast shipping!
For $133 you'll probably want double check things like incidence, decalage (V-tail setup), and thrust angle etc. -and take the recommended CG with a grain of salt.
Good luck!
Mike
Mar 10, 2007, 12:40 PM
Looks pretty good so far - keep up the pics!

Mike
Mar 10, 2007, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
Today I had a chance to get everything unpacked and inventoried. So far this is how things look;

The V-tail is built up and uses the covering as the hinge. The left ruddervator weighed in at 16 grams and the right at 17 grams. When I drew the outlines of each on a piece of copier paper and held one over the other, they were really close in shape and size. Both control horns (rods) are mounted in place.

The wings are about as straight and true as most of us can build them. The covering job is on par with most of the medium priced European ARF's I have built. I'm not sure what kind of covering it is, it looks similar to Ultacote but definitely lighter than Monocote. The covering was used as the hinges for the ailerons. The flaps are hinged with what look like multi-purpose pin hinges (not glued in place). The Right wing weighed 202 grams and the left wing 209 grams. When I put the wing together with the supplied 8mm carbon joiner rod (tube) they matched up well and had no appreciable gap where they joined. The cut outs for the flap and aileron servos were uniform and clean. It appears that a spruce spar was used from the root out to about 50 mm's (19 &1/2 inches). The airfoil is not listed anywhere that I could find, but it looks like it could be an SD 7035 or 7037 or some modification of this series, I just cant tell.

Steve
Mar 10, 2007, 09:10 PM
Thread OP
The fuse is all FG and weighs 152 grams. It is 112mm long (44 &3/8 inches) and is made up of a top and bottom rather than a left and right side. It is joined with what appear to be about 2oz FG tape/cloth. Overall workmanship looks good, actually better than I expected. It is straight and the finish appears to have been applied in the mold. Unless all your landings are on flat, smooth areas with a delicate touch, there is definitely a need for some form of reinforcement in the wing saddle and under/around the canopy area. (I plan on using carbon tow and carbon/Kevlar cloth). The mounts for the servos for the ruddervators are glued in place under the wing saddle. Personally, I prefer to glue my own servo mounts in the place of my choosing. But, they may be adequate for the servos I intend to use (HS-65HSB's) in their present location, I just haven't decided yet.

The firewall is also glued in place and appears to be laser cut plywood with a mechined metal spacer/plate glued to the plywood firewall. I see no evidence that metal is glued directly to the fuse.

The motor mounting holes are pre-drilled for M3 size machine screw or bolts and countersunk. I attempted to test fit a new out of the box AXI 2814 I had intended to use in a Filip, but it wouldn't fit w/o putting excessive bending pressure on the leads coming out of the motor. I tried a Hyperion HP-3025 I have in a Bandit Hotliner and it just squeezed in. No rubing and the motor leads seem to be happy. I plan to order a Hyperion HP-3019-12 as I think it will provide adequate power without being to heavy. The 3025 has a home in the Bandit, so back in it goes tomorrow.

Steve
Mar 11, 2007, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaFlyer
Wing Span: 20062mm. That's quite a wingspan!
Mar 11, 2007, 06:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT
Wing Span: 20062mm. That's quite a wingspan!
Now that would require a REALLY big box!

Quick Reply